Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Shoutout to all the poke fans

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Shoutout to all the poke fans

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I think it’s great hearing from the poke fans. It adds a lot to Ute hub and Tony our fearless leader is always a gracious host.

We all want our teams to win but at the end of the day we can sit down and have beer and be friends. Shoutout to the pokes posting and I hope when you come to Salt Lake we can make sure you have a great experience.

Ben
      Participant

Thanks for the kind words! I’ve always looked at Rice Eccles as a LOUD and imposing place to play. Glad the games in Stillwater.

Utah fans are definitely not short on passion and I couldn’t be happier about having y’all in the conference. This is a matchup between two great and similar football programs that I’ve wanted to see for awhile.

Hope Rising is good to go and both teams are as healthy as possible to put on a great show for the nation on FOX!

ProudUte
        Participant

Welcome, Ben and any other OK State fans. This game has been circled by most Utah fans as our toughest game of the season. Who knows what will happen with the conference teams as the season moves along. But, This is the game I have been most worried about.

I don’t like the forecast for this Saturday. Is it always so hot in Stillwater in mid to late September?

Ben
          Participant

There’s definitely a heat wave going on right now, it’s usually not quite this hot but Oklahoma weather is so unpredictable, and frankly downright sucks.

I live in North Alabama now and never realized how bad the Oklahoma climate is lol. One summer had a heat wave with a month of days between 110-117 degrees and in the winter the damp humid wind chill gets into the negatives. Not even mentioning the massive tornadoes in the seasons where the temperature is actually comfortable.

utefansince79
      Participant

Always had a soft spot in my heart for Oklahoma State (who has played in the shadow of the teams I will not mention who departed for the SEC)

Looking forward to when the Cowboys pay a visit to Rice-Eccles and hope a lot of fans make the trip.

Ben
        Participant

Haha it must be nice being the premier program in the state! The national media is kinder to OSU than the local thanks to….ugh… them. Hopefully the realignment will allow OSU to develop much more of their own identity of success.

Ben
      Participant

Accidentally submitted the same post twice

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

How’d you accidentally submit twice? I’m trying to figure out how to prevent that!

EastCoastUte
      Participant

Honestly, as much as I have confidence in our team, i am worried about the 100 degree weather that will be there on game day. remember when Utah played Florida in the swamp? players were throwing up on the field due to the humidity.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

That has been my concern also. We are used to dry heat not both.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

at least half of the team and 90% of the coaches were in the Swamp two years ago. This temp/humidity thing is pretty overblown unless you think nothing has been implemented about how to prepare since then

EastCoastUte
            Participant

I don’t think overblown is the word when half the team was throwing up on the field. I was in the swamp that year and it was crazy how much humidity can play a factor in a game. The players were trying to drink as much water and Gatorade as they could but also throwing it up.

Knoblocker
      Participant

It’s been great! Thanks for having us. For any of you coming to the game. The link below will have links to all the information you need about a Cowboy Football Game Day.

Cowboy Football Game Day Guide

Georgia Poke
      Participant

Thanks for the welcome.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.