Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

So we’ve all started seeing the sponsors logos show up on professional jerseys..

Beat Arizona Forums Misc So we’ve all started seeing the sponsors logos show up on professional jerseys..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      UTE98
      Participant

I’ve seen them on RSL, and international soccer jerseys. 

NBA basketball jerseys.

Haven’t seen them yet on NFL jerseys, but I’m sure they’re coming.

What would the NCAA do if a player under an NIL contract put the company’s logo on his jersey. Is that a legitimate use of their name, image, likeness? Or would the NCAA ban it because they are participating in an NCAA competition?

UrbanLiar
      Participant

From what I understand in the vaguely defined NIL world, on field/court sponsorship logos on individual athletes are prohibited.

Trailgoat
      Participant

At this point, why not? Let’s take USC for example. Who’s going to tell the 15+ or more players paid six figures or more playing at USC they cannot wear a sponsor patch, towel, or wrist band? Will the NCAA tell them no?, haha, not a chance. Riley/other money bag coaches, no way. Kilavkoff?, aaah-nope. The coaches and admininstrators have been making millions of dollars off Nike, UA, Adidas, etc hiding behind the phony NCAA “amateurism” curtain. Time for the players to cash in. 

IMO, Kilavkoff’s unspoken top priority is getting USC back in the CFP Championship game ASAP. K’s success to an extent is riding on the USC brand getting back on top of the P12 competing for a CFP and all the millions of advertising dollars that go with it…period. 

This is Utah’s big season to go after another P12 championship and hopefully more. Sitting back and enjoying the 2022 ride. Go Utes!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.