Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

So, yes I’m ticked, but…

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, yes I’m ticked, but…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I was so mad on Saturday night because
      – We were outcoached (big time)
      – We were outplayed
      – We were out-hustled
      – Our red zone offense was PATHETIC
      – We could not stop the run (very unusual)
      – We dropped lots of passes
      – The refs would not call a pass interference

But, crap happens. Yes, we had a bad game, and the ball didn’t bounce our way. I looked at the scores from the NFL last night and I realized bad games happen. For example, the Ravens crushed the undefeated Bills last night. Just two weeks ago, the Ravens lost to the Raiders at home. Does this make the Bills worse than the Raiders? Obviously not. What happened is that the Ravens had a bad game against the Raiders and made some stupid mistakes. The Bills were off last night, and the Ravens played great.

So, what does this have to do with our Utes? Well, for whatever reason – most of the team seemed off on Saturday. What would have happened, had we scored TDs on our first two drives? I’m not sure but I have to think we would have been much more confident as a team and the results of the game would have been much different.

I hate what I saw on Saturday night from our Utes. They did not look good, and I let this really tick me off (I shouldn’t have gotten so upset). Imagine what Raven fans thought two weeks ago after starting 0-2 and losing to the Raiders. The Ravens are a good team that has found their mojo.

I don’t know what to predict the outcome for the remainder of the season. I know we will be better if we get Rising, Reid, and O’Toole back. These guys will make others better. I am not going to predict that we go undefeated for the rest of this season. All that I am saying is there is still hope for this team. ( I am still bothered by Saturday night, but I will get over it 🙂 )

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I agree proud Ute. We’ve been invincible at night at RES. I’ve been to every game (missed a couple is all)for the last 50 years. The Urban second year was the best as far as fan excitement. We had never reached those heights before. Seems every year the expectations have gotten higher and the disappointment higher.

utefansince79
      Participant

It’s been noted a few other places that our last home loss to an unranked visitor was in 2017. So it isn’t like we make a habit of this. Just a game we need to learn from and move on.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Participant

All I can say is I’m glad I am not currently paying for season tickets. Yeah we had a bad game and it’s only one loss. Most of my emotions have faded at this point, except for the will Cam play or won’t he play, week in and week out debacle.

That was such a disaster last year, and this damn coaching staff is putting the fans through it again this year. I don’t care what kind of competitive advantage you think not providing non season ending injury updates provides you. How about you have some respect for the fans who are paying their hard earned money to come and support the team, can you just throw them a bone so that expectations can be properly set?

Utes 69
      Participant

I am 64 years old, work 11 hour days, 5 days a week sciatica, sore knees and back.

Cam get your ass out these and win some games!

coaching staff, half time of a game you getting whooped on!

might want to go in at halftime and make changes?

2 backs, 3 or 4 TE, 5 wideouts blitz every down please do something! anything!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.