Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Something I think would be fun to see

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Something I think would be fun to see

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

We are hearing that Ludwig is experimenting with a 4 tight-end set. I hope we don’t show it at all before conference play. Then, at some point when the offense may be struggling, we run 4 tight-ends onto the field. This creates a huge matchup issue for any defense. This could provide some immediate success.

Go Utes!!!

4 1
      Utah
      Participant

I don’t like this “hide things until we play a big opponent” strategy.

I don’t want the first time I run something to be in a big moment vs a big time opponent when nerves will be at an all time high. That is when mistakes are made.

Run it out vs SUU. Practice it in game situations. Sure, Oklahoma State will have seen it. Who cares? We are better than they are. I’d rather run it at 100% efficiency and make them gameplan for it and spend practice time on it so when I run the other 98% of my offense, they wasted time on trick plays in practice. Then I don’t even need those gimmick plays anymore, because OSU isn’t even ready for my basic stuff.

And if I do need it? Well s**t…I’m f**king fantastic at it because I’ve run it many times in game situations already.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

I’ve heard Ludwig say that each week builds on itself. They make a game plan and execute it, and that builds it up for the next week. They’ll run certain plays with certain sets, then the next week they can use different play with those sets. It didn’t seem like he was saying they’re hiding anything, they’re just building up for mid season form. Having said that, I’m sure it will be pretty vanilla with SUU.

ProudUte
          Participant

I get your point, and I have said before, I would like to see our offense opened up against SUU. However, I don’t believe we need to show all of our cards until we have to. Oh, and I don’t think we are tons better than OSU. They have the best RB in the conference, two all conference Olinmen and 2 all conference linebackers. I will be happy to get out of there with a win.

Go Utes!!!

Utesbyfive
      Participant

It would be useful in the redzone I would think.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

I feel like Kuithe could play slot, Hback or full back type threat. With Bernard it is matchup hell.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.