Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Soooo.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Finally got a chance to watch the game (Thank you UteStuckInSeattle). I was able to catch about the first quarter live initially before returning to work. I to was kind of in shock with lackluster performance from the offense. 3 turnovers and only 3 points off those turnovers up to that point. I kind of feel the scheme was a little disjointed to start the game. It felt like Hardy and Roderick didn’t want to use what worked against Oregon so they didn’t run Wilson as much. Had a few trick play attempts that were executed poorly and the offense really got down on itself. The pass to Butler Byrd by Wilson though AFTER throwing the two picks? Excellent response. Booker was unbelievable. I think I counted three plays where potentially they are TD’s if Cal doesn’t make that little initial slow down.

Cal’s defense? It really worked. They were for the most part completely dominated up front, Wilson had the time most of the game but wasn’t completing passes. I will give them credit for most of the disruption. But I think it was humbling for the offense to see quite a few execution issues. The bye and potentially hype train might have caused a bit of that.

Utah defensively, well I can imagine ASU is going to be running quite a lot of those “rub” routes. Screens and rubs and losing contain on Goff really killed. Goff made some amazing throws and then he made throws that I expect from a freshman or something. He made several critical errors and I feel honestly he was completely rattled by the defense, the moment and the hype. I can’t imagine he pressure on a kid not even 21. I feel bad for him going to the Lions or Texans in this years draft. I hope Cal wins the north honestly, because I want Utah’s offense to have another crack at it.

On to ASU….Fathers lock up your daughters.

Creepiest picture ever:
      Shockers

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

My wife is quite a religious person (not me). She does not like the Sun Devil mascot at all.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Participant

We’ll do her a favor and have our Utes exorcise a demon!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.