• Author
      Utesbyfive
      Participant

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Is Michelle Bodkin sticking around?

jshame17
        Participant

Looks like Michelle is back over at Utezone… I’m not a member over there for many of the same reasons others have pointed to, but there is a thread from her saying she’s back.

Not sure what that means for her on other outlets.

High Uintas
      Participant

UteZone has declined considerably as a must read for Utah fans. The mods are hamstrung by the Utah athletic department and the mood has turned decidedly negative with the relegation to the Big 12. I think the world of Steve and glad he’s landed in a great spot for him.

TruckStopTerrors
        Participant

Yeah, I gave up my UZ account shortly after they had the discord fiasco where all the insider information seemed to be shared there, and not on UZ. I get Steve has bridges to the athletic department that he has to protect, but the information took a huge hit because of that. I’m not surprised their sub count is down.

D T
          Participant

Left that place years ago….Complete waste of money & time….Not a Bartle admirer, to boot.

My question is—What happens now with Josh Furlong, IF anything??

Central Coast Ute
            Participant

I stopped my sub there, probably 4 or 5 years ago, myself. I get plenty of good info here from the few insiders we have posting here regularly.

jshame17
          Participant

Agree 100%.

And the level of gaslighting trying to convince people that the discord issue was Nothing or made up, was something…

It was clear information dropped off and was being shared other places.

mfaulk80
            Participant

I’m on the Discord, and I’ll tell you that it really was much ado about nothing. Occasionally, he’d post something there first that he’d share a day or two later on 247, but I never felt like the timing was intentional. And since that time when things got a bit heated on 247, he’s really towed the line with anything recruiting related. He’d even just link over to the 247 article or copy the text from 247.

The feel that he’s not sharing certain info has more to do with his relationship with the athletic department at the U, and their desire for him to hold back on sharing certain things. He does the same thing on the Discord.

Again, there was a bunch of angst over on 247, but it really wasn’t based on much IMO.

NarfUte
        Participant

It comes with a paramount + subscription now, and after bartle leaves it’s still not worth it.

6 1
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I’ve never been to Ute Zone. I’m so focused on what’s going on here I guess. I don’t really visit any other Ute related sites except utahutes.com.

High Uintas
      Participant

For years, UteZone was worth every penny, but “inside information” became scarce and the special features on players aren’t enough to fill the void. Then, some of the best board members left and the quality of discussion suffered. Currently, bagging on Utah men’s basketball is the topic that gets UteZone members fired up the most and it’s the same complaints over and over by the same complainers.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.