Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Superstition/rituals

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Superstition/rituals

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Johnny80
      Participant

So it’s game day and I was wondering if any of you Ute hub members have any sports superstitions or rituals. They could be done on game day, or for the season, or week of etc.. one of mine is in don’t wash my Utes jersey after a win, but wash all my Utes gear after a loss- even the stuff that is clean. Another is when we play the tds the only blue I wear that week are my Levis.  I have so many more, but would love to hear what you guys do. Go Utes! 

Utah
      Participant

So, I may have wrecked Utah’s season. Let me explain. 

I never shaved for football. Then, our two 5-7 years, I shaved. After that I stopped shaving during football season. 9 and 10 win seasons ensued. 

I cut the beard back for Stanford and USC and only had a mustache for ASU. 

I have decided to find out for sure if it’s me or not. I 100% shaved this morning. If we lose, I shall never shave again while Utah has an active football team. 

quagmire
        Participant

Shave your legs too and let’s see what kind of destruction you cause to our beloved team

Utah
          Participant

Lol. Sexy. The bus would blow up. 

FtheY
      Participant

Beer.

St George Ute
      Participant

Like you, during the week of the “Y-oh-why-do-we-keep-playing-these-bozos” game the only blue I wear are my jeans. I’ll wear red every day that week.

I always wear Utah gear the day before and the day of a Utah game.

I have one Utah shirt I wear during each game and only wash it after a loss. That shirt may be different from one season to the next, but will be the same for the whole season.

All year long, if I’m eating M&Ms, I eat the blue ones first and the red ones last (Utah is the last team standing). I eat the orange ones just before red, in honor of my brother who passed away (orange was his favorite color).

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

My rituals vary depending on if we are tailgating or it is a road game. Either way before every game I set the “next game” module at the top of the site to flash the chat button, and add a large chat text to the right column to get everyone to chat.  Today I may have to do it quite early as it is my boy’s 5th birthday today and I’m probably going to miss the 1st quarter while at the party.

Britta
        Participant

Happy birthday to that handsome little guy!

UteDuke
      Participant

My brother had a legit Utah bracelet made during a trip we took in Mexico, but everytime he wore it the Running Utes got blown out (The PAC-12 Championship game against Oregon, and the tournament game against Gonzaga). Needless to say, he doesn’t wear the bracelet anymore.

Britta
      Participant

I try not to get anything on my shirt before or during the game. If I do, it is a bad omen. Every time I have got something on my jersey, we have lost. It’s not very scientific, but there are undoubtedly larger forces at work here.

GameForAnyFuss
      Participant

During football season, I start every game by kicking myself in the nuts. Then I can skip the game and come away with the same feeling.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.