Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Taking my son to his first game Thursday!

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Taking my son to his first game Thursday!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute-yankee
      Participant

My first game in years too. I used to go to 2-3 ! Season bit since I had kids it got harder to go. Now my boy is 7 and is really excited to go to his first game and I am so excited to take him! We are going to leave the second school is over and head up to the stadium, grab some food and hit up the team store to buy some gear!

Does anybody know when East High opens up their lot for parking and how much it costs? It used to be $15 but I imagine it has gone up.

UteBacker

Yankee….have a blast and enjoy every minute of it. I was in your shoes taking my 8 year old son to see Alex Smith play UNLV in 2004. He’s all grown up now and we rarely have a chance to see a game together. It goes fast, savor it!

MDUte
      Participant

Awesome news Yankee, will be a memory he never forgets…enjoy!!

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

I used to take my kids to one game a year. Then the PAC 12 blew up, and there aren’t any games in SoCal this year. Luckily, you live in Utah, so you’ll never have that problem. I hope you and your boy enjoy the game.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Awesome. If you’re in the tailgate lot, stop by and say hello. 

ProudUte
      Participant

I have great memories of taking my kids to football and basketball games. Now they are taking their kids. Enjoy!!!

Extra Medium
      Participant

Park at smiths on 4th and take the train. It’s free and you won’t get booted.

Johnny80
        Participant

If that is true like Extra says make sure you are in the smiths lot proper. That lot bleeds into cafe rio and Wendy’s. They will boot or tow. This is coming from someone who lives by there. I’m sure nobody on the board would steer you wrong, but better safe than sorry.

Crow
      Participant

Last game I got to take one of my kids to was my daughter. I sit in W15 and it was a MEC game and the woman stood naked and shook her t**s in the North end zone. I was watching the game my daughter the fans and going on. Everyone was cheering I was trying to figure out what was going on. I saw her and I saw my daughter 9 was watching. I tried to cover her eyes. But she wanted to see and then asked me dad her boobs are bigger than moms. When will I have boobs like hers? I said I don’t know.
      We got home first thing she tells my ex, mom we saw a naked woman and she had boobs bigger than yours. When will I have boobs? My ex asked what is she talking about? Last time I got to take one of my kids.

HATUman
      Participant

Go park at Smith’s for free and take Trax up for free. They play the fight song and it’s a whole experience… and it’s free.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Your son will never forget that memory yankee.I’ve been going to games with my daughter for over 20 years and my grandson started going when he was about 8 with us. He is 14 now and hasn’t missed a game since. Francis Bernard is his linebacker coach and he is in 7 th heaven getting coached by one of his favorite players.

Ute-yankee
      Participant

Thank you all for the responses! I can’t wait to take him to the game. I have never parked at the Smith’s for a game before, usually at East high then took a walk to the stadium. I think I’ll give it a try.

Go Utes!

OldAsDirtUte
      Participant

Uh, maybe you should have covered your eyes instead?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.