Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

TE WR Preview

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football TE WR Preview

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      UtesRule
      Participant

Getting super excited for the season to start and started looking at the actual roster, as I kept trying to think of all of the potential play makers on this team, so I put together this list. Pretty impressive!
      Receivers:
      Taeshaun Lyons – Fr., 6’1”, 177 lbs
      Dorian Singer – Sr., 6’0”, 177 lbs
      Munir McLean – Sr., 6’4”, 220 lbs
      Mycah Pittman – Sr., 6’0”, 205 lbs
      Daidren Zipperer – R-Fr., 6’0”, 164 lbs
      Damien Alford – Sr., 6’6”, 210 lbs
      Money Parks – Sr., 5’10”, 175 lbs
      Zach Williams – Fr., 6’2”, 191 lbs
      Rayshawn Glover – So., 5’8”, 175 lbs
      David Washington – Fr., 5’11”, 188 lbs
      Luca Caldarella – Jr., 6’3”, 196 lbs
      Jett Meine – So., 6’0”, 214 lbs
      Cameron Mitchell – Fr., 5’10”, 189 lbs
      Matt Clark – Fr., 5’11”, 180 lbs
      Peyton Rice – R-Fr., 5’9”, 179 lbs
      Kaimana Hanohano – So., 6’2”, 198 lbs
      Wide Receivers with the highest likelihood of making a significant impact on the field for the Utes in 2024-25:
      Dorien Singer
      Munir McLean
      Money Parks
      Damien Alford
      The next 4 Wide Receivers who could have an impact:
      Mycah Pittman
      Taeshaun Lyons
      Daidren Zipperer
      Luca Calderella
      Tight Ends:
      Brant Kuithe – Sr., 6’2”, 236 lbs
      Caleb Lohner – Sr., 6’8”, 235 lbs
      Landen King – Jr., 6’5”, 222 lbs
      Miki Suguturaga – Sr., 6’4”, 256 lbs
      Frankie Goodson – So., 6’2”, 235 lbs
      Carsen Ryan – Jr., 6’4”, 256 lbs
      CJ Jacobsen – R-Fr., 6’4”, 235 lbs
      Spencer Clegg – R-Fr., 6’1”, 228 lbs
      Dallen Bentley – Jr., 6/4”, 258 lbs
      Justice Brusatto – Jr., 6’3”, 232 lbs
      Tight ends with the highest likelihood of making a significant impact on the field for the Utes in 2024-25:
      Brant Kuithe
      Landen King
      Carsen Ryan
      The next 3 Tight Ends who could have an impact:
      Miki Suguturaga
      Caleb Lohner
      Dallen Bentley
      My 2 intriguing prospects:
      Spencer Clegg – Was a big in-state get out of American Fork HS, who has returned from a 2-year church mission. Likely won’t play much this season, but could be a big impact player as early as next year.
      CJ Jacobsen – Comes from GREAT pedigree, as his Dad was a GREAT safety for the Utes. Was a high 3-star recruit who is very athletic. Also don’t anticipate him getting much, if any PT this year, simply due to the depth and talent ahead of him, but he should be a very good player as early as 2025.
      That’s some crazy good depth AND talent at those two key positions. Have we EVER had this much talent and depth at TE and WR? I do not think so and really hope it pans out this year. VERY good chance it does, with a 7th year Sr. QB who can sling it getting them the ball.
      Next position I will highlight will be the D-Line.
      Go Utes!

ArcheryUte
      Participant

I agree that Munir McClain could be one of our best contributors on the outside. He has all the right tools. Last years small sample size was proof that he can be a difference maker. His high-point catch against ASU was one of my favorite plays all year.
      I would be interested to hear some thoughts on where he fits on the depth chart this year.
      Good list!
      McClain ‘23 highlights

Utah
        Participant

I can’t believe that Utah and Arizona were both 7-3. That is wild. With how much everyone is talking about how great Arizona will be this fall…

Also, those were two wildly different 7-3 teams…

Utesbyfive
        Participant

Possibly the best we’ve ever had. That’s good, because we could be looking at RB by committee. There’s tons and tons of potential in the RB room, but who knows. The only proven play maker is Bernard. I’m thrilled to have him back.

BSC8
        Participant

Spencer Clegg is a stud. He moved from linebacker to tight end during spring and is probably viewed as physical blocker that can still run routes and catch the ball if needed. He’s a walk on from the 2022 class that is trying to work his way onto the field. You’re mixing him up with his brother that returns from a mission this fall (will miss this season) and will play defensive end. But you’re absolutely right, that tight end room is loaded. The top three (and maybe even the top 6) have NFL potential and any of those 6 could be great starters for us!

UtesRule
          Participant

Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Excited to see Landon King this year. Don’t sleep on Pittman.

MDUte
      Participant

Can’t believe how many weapons we have this year! Our offense is going to be amazing…can’t wait!

ProudUte
      Participant

Great post, UtesRule.

Yes, we are loaded at both positions and have a quarterback who can get them the ball. Will we average 300 yards passing this season? Maybe. But if we blow some teams out, we will call off the dogs, so who knows?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.