Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Texas @ Michigan

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Texas @ Michigan

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      MFury
      Participant

Texas Oline looks strong. Michigan D breaking assignments, then Ewers burning them for it.

Michigan not looking like 10, but Texas has strong offensive options and a big Oline

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Michigan repeated the same mistake that Washington did a few years ago when they hired Jimmy Lake to replace Chris Petersen. In essence, hiring an inexperienced and untried individual (Sherrone Moore has never been a head coach at any level) to replace a legend. Michigan’s big problem is that they’re not enough of a blue blood, as their records before Harbaugh was hired show, to survive mediocre coaching and a descent to irrelevance.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

It’s the one negative when trying to project Scalley. You hope that since he has spent so much time in the program, it will be a smooth transition but I just can’t get past the fact that he doesn’t have experience (both successes and failures) with other schools and a rolodex built up over his career.

If it was easy to take over for a long-term, successful coach, the blue bloods would never experience downturns.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

Well, you mentioned it…my biggest fear with Scalley is his small Contact list and exposure to other systems, coaching philosophies, and ways of doing things. Even KW had multiple coaching experiences away from Utah before he came to the Utes. We’ll just have to wait and see. I can already tell that Scalley has a totally different personality than KW and we’ll definitely see that translate into a change in coaching philosophy once he takes over.

//r00t4Utes
        Participant

Or Harbaugh daw the writing on the wall, losing majority of the roster to graduation and the NFL, there was going to be a drop off no matter what even if he had stayed. Not to mention the violations he was facing.

A outside coach minus Saban would have likely lost more the incoming class and would’ve had to get transfers and still have a rough go in his first year.

Look I hope Michigan falls flat, and goes back to what they were in Harbaugh’s first few years and pre Harbaugh. Just saying I don’t think you can put it all on the coaching hire this season, there was logic going for continuity. Their previous few hires all going for the big splash all backfired.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

Yeah, well, there are two sides to every coin. I guess my point is that if you want to win, and win immediately, you go after a proven guy, like Alabama did with Kalen DeBoer. Moore might turn out to be great but you get much more of a guarantee if you with a guy that’s already demonstrated competence.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.