Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

The cope from Shedeur Sanders

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The cope from Shedeur Sanders

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

He said that Colorado is “everybody’s Super Bowl.”

It’s the focus and idiocy of this team that drives me nuts. They have some extremely talented players that can do amazing things but are an extremely bad team.
      All these hits must be doing some damage.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

No one has thought of CU as their Super Bowl since Eric Bienemy. USC was able to make that claim in the P12, but no one has CU circled.

Grayshirt
      Participant

I totally get the push back.. I mean… 4-8?!!! It hilarious and completely illogical.
      Now in terms of viewership, the Deion effect, there’s truth to it. Deon Sanders is ‘must-see tv’. It’s been great for football, the PAC-12 certainly benefited from it as will the Big12 now. I applaud Deion.

Grayshirt
      Participant

UteBacker

A lot of teams won the Super Bowl last year…

UofU Fanatic
        Participant

That is genius and hilarious response 🤣 👏👏

UofU Fanatic
      Participant

I’m not surprised with the comment. Doesn’t bother me. And yes NO ONE has Colorado as THE game of the year per se.
      That may change if they come out popping and buzzing early on. This team should be improved from last year and have a lot of talent

Dallas
      Participant

Is “cope” slang? I hear it used in this context but can’t find a definition that fits this use.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

He’s basically saying Shadeur is coping with having a bad team by saying they are everyone’s Super Bowl.

When I see a slang word I don’t know, I use UrbanDictionary.com.

AZUTE
        Participant

Lol. I asked my youngest daughter what it meant the other day when she used it in a sentence.

It’s basically just a person who tells themselves lies to deal or “cope” with their impossible situation but deep down they know the real truth.

Coping mechanisms or to cope

My daughter was telling a story about a another employee at her work and said “that girl is coping”

Kids today

Dallas
          Participant

It’s clear from context; I just hear it used as a noun from sources (political pundits) that don’t use much slang. E.g., “the Biden administration is putting out a lot of cope after last night’s debacle.”

4 3
            PlainsUte
            Participant

Today’s White House is the Coping Cabana

PlainsUte
      Participant

Over-under on how many Big-12 teams will win “their Super Bowl” vs CU this year? Would be a great poll question. My guess: 6.5

I have to admit Deion and Shedeur have me looking at CU’s schedule and caring about their outcomes, otherwise I wouldn’t give a flip.

Dallas
        Participant

Remember when Deion was too embarrassed/worried about his kid to let him play against our defense?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.