Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

The Jazz suuuuuuck at sucking. If you’re going to tank, tank for top 5.

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Professional Sports The Jazz suuuuuuck at sucking. If you’re going to tank, tank for top 5.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute Dub
      Participant

Now with the 10th overall pick. Ok.

//r00t4Utes
      Participant

Oh yeah, like Atlanta did….

Who had a better record but got the #1 pick

Or wait like Detroit, who had the 2nd worst record and feel to 5.

Or wait, you mean like the Nets who the jazz out tanked and got a better draft position, then the jazz.

5 4
      Utah#1
      Participant

IMO, as long as its runned by BYU connected people, the Jazz will continue to suck for the foreseeable future! Denver or Minnesota could win the NBA title three times before the Jazz make the playoffs again and win the first round. I also think Utah’s new NHL team will may not be in a title contender spot again if they don’t win it now as the BYU “connected” front office will probably end up ruining any chances the new Utah NHL team has to be successful in Utah.

RedUte14
        Participant

can you say some reasons other then “BYU”?

5 3
        Roy Rangum
        Participant

There is plenty of things BYU can be bagged on for, but this is not one of them. There is zero connection between some sort of BYU influence and the success or failure of our pro sports teams.

I don’t know yet if Ainge will be proven right or wrong, but he’s his own man. Same for Smith. I hold nothing against him that he’s a BYU booster, I only wish we had him for the U!

10 3
          bopahull
          Participant

Ainge started out with a big splash. Since that splash he has done little more than trade good to very good players for jack s**t. Not only do the Jazz suck, they absolutely suck at sucking.

Utegator
        Participant

The NBA sucks in general, thats why viewership is down. Just a bunch of pre-madonnas that will refuse to play if they dont like the city or situation they’re in. Who cares about the fans “let me play with my friends” but still get paid 30 million to ride the bench with a fake injury.

D T
      Participant

Happy for the lowly jazz!

CoyoteUte
      Participant

Seems like we’ll need to suck for the next 2-3 years according to this article.
      Derrick Favors Trade Implications

NashvilleUte
        Participant

The absolute best thing that can happen for Utah Basketball is for the Jazz to suck hard just as Utah Basketball is starting to succeed again. That’ll help get attendance going and lots of other factors. Now if we can just get the basketball team going… damn…

RustyShackleford
      Participant

This years draft class sucks anyway

The Miami Ute
        Participant

The Atlantic just did a story on this very same issue. According to them, there isn’t a single player in this draft that can be classified as elite or someone you can build around. They’re all role or rotation players.

Zigziggler
        Participant

I agree if there was ever a draft to find depth pieces to round out your team this is the draft. If you are looking for change makers than you will have to trade for somebody.

Zigziggler
        Participant

I agree if there was ever a draft to find depth pieces to round out your team this is the draft. If you are looking for change makers than you will have to trade for somebody. I actually don’t mind number 10. The Jazz have evolved into a good development organization. We will find someone of value or make a trade and improve. But buckle up this is a PROCESS.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.