Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

The Mustache's Pac-12 Power Rankings: Week 2

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The Mustache's Pac-12 Power Rankings: Week 2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Wilson’s Mustache
      Participant

This is how I rank the PAC-12 teams based solely off of their performances thus far. I am not projecting who I think is better, only how the teams look & performed.

My ranking & thoughts:

1. Colorado (Last week #2) – W 56-7 over Idaho State. #1 Ranked defense in the nation thus far. They that didn’t give up a touchdown until 1:42 left in the 4th while only giving up 97 total yards to Idaho State. That is impressive. 592 total yards of offense (262 yes on the ground). So far Colorado has looked like the best team in the Pac-12. CRAZY.
      2. Washington (Last week #1) – W 59-14 over Idaho 482 yards of offense,  Jake Browning 5 passing touchdowns, defense gave up zero first half points in route to a 35-0 half time score. They look the part of a top 15 team.
      3. Stanford (Last week #3) – BYE – Had a decent game against a mid tier BigXII team last week. I see no reason to move them.
      4. USC (Last week #12) – W 45-7 over Utah State- 422 yards of total offense in a dominating win over what I believed was a decent USU team. USC dominated in all three phases of the game. I give them bonus points for bouncing back form a humiliating loss last week.
      5. Oregon (Last week #7) – W 44-26 over U of Virginia. 632 yards of offense….yeeesh. Prukop 331 yards passing & 3 TDS. “Rolls” Royce Freeman 201 yards rushing, 2 TDS. Offense looks like your typical Oregon team. Defense look lacking at times, but was out on the field a lot. Bonus points for smashing Bronco Mendenhall.
      6. Utah (Last week #5) – W 20-19 over TDS. Utah’s defense looked spectacular especially considering the situations the offense put them in. Offense moved the ball very well at times (when they could hold onto the ball) against what I believe is a talented BYU defense. I drop Utah mainly because of the TO’s. Utah won’t win many games by being negative in the TO margin, especially at -3 with 6 total turnovers. S
      7. ASU (Last week #4) – W 68-55 over TTU. This was a hard team to place, their offense was insane (652 yards of offense) but their defense look equally as bad (allowed 612 yards). They played a TTU team that I think will compete for the BigXII championship. Kalen Ballage scored a NCAA record 8 touchdowns.
      8. UCLA (Last Week #6) – W 42-21 over UNLV – 499 yards of offense, allowed 328 yards. I wasn’t buying the hype before the season & I’m buying even less now. Josh Rosen doesn’t look bad, but he definitely isn’t living up to the pre-season hype either.
      9. WSU (Last week #11) – L 28-31 to Boise State- Looked awful last week, but I had them winning this game in the Pick’em. They were 11.5 point underdogs in Vegas if I recall correctly. They started off really cold going down 14-0 in the 1st Qtr, but quickly warmed up. They had 520 yards of offense while giving up 420 yards. Defense forced 3 INTs.
      10. California (Last week #8) L 45-40 to SDSU. Had an impressive 620 yards of offense while only having the ball for 25 minutes. Story of the game was turnovers they had 4 total and were -2 in the TO margin. Lost to a SDSU team that I believe in top 25 material. They are below WSU because they never led & the game really was never close despite the final score.
      11. Oregon State (Last week #9) BYE – I dropped them at no fault of their own. This is just where I think they sit at the current moment.
      12. Arizona (Last week #10) – W 31-21 over Grambling State. Grambling fricking state was up 21-3 at the half. What the hell? They were outgained by GSU & were +6 in the turnover margin, but could only muster a 31-21 come from behind win. Yeah, GSU had 6 turnovers and still was competitive. Arizona you suck.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.