Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

The season is 1/4 done. My pick for best players.

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The season is 1/4 done. My pick for best players.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

On offense: Bernard, Singer, and Kuithe. I am happy that Wilson keeps this team going. If you had told me that Cam would not even play one complete half yet and we were 4-0 – I would have been shocked.

On Defense: Fillinger, Tafuna, and Tao Johnson. Fillinger is having his best season yet.

By the way – how many freshman have started at QB for Utah and won a game?

The answer is – just one, and we know who he is. Isaac has a lot to learn, but the experience he is getting will help him immensely in the years to come. I’m glad he’s a Ute.

Uteanooga
      Participant

Agree with your picks.

Singer has been really good. That catch he made on the back of his helmet before rolling over backwards was sick.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Singer is probably the best wideout Utah has had since Carrington. Ludwig needs to use him more.

RedUte14
      Participant

i feel like snowden needs to be in there. maybe not yet tho

2008 National Champ
        Participant

Snowden got picked on in the 4th quarter. He’s having a good season so far but it’s telling when other teams identify a specific player to attack.

Edit: Picked on was too harsh. OSU got him on their first TD but it was Vaughn they attacked on the 2nd TD and 2 point conversion. In real time, my eyes couldn’t tell the difference between 2 and 5.

EagleMountainUte
          Participant

I am blaming the fourth entirely on the brain dead play calling.

Tyler Henry
          Participant

Snowden was tired by the fourth, that was clear to me. He played great for the majority of the game; our offense just could not give the defense a suitable break. I am so sick of Ludwig.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

I much rather when I’m the one taking pot shots at Ludwig instead of having to defend him, but.,, 20 minutes on offense the first half, 22 the 2nd. I’m not sure it’s possible to play keep away any longer than that.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

After seeing Utah’s competition 4-0 isn’t that surprising for me. Who knew USU WR would be better than OSU? Also the ole pig farmer is the best QB Utah has faced on the season.

Bernard is carrying this entire offense, team and coaching staff.
      Wilson he has got it done. It hasn’t been pretty or fair but he does get it done.
      Defense without Tao Johnson Utah loses games. So that target being changed was huge.

Utah’s defense in general is winning games again. We haven’t even seen its final form yet.

lgt4141
      Participant

4-0 and a #10 ranking. Isn’t this what we had expected and hoped for at this point in the season. Doing with a freshman an and backing up the preseason huoe makes it even more fun!

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Hard to argue with your picks proud Ute. I might throw Wilson in there just because he has won two road games and that’s not easy for a true freshman.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.