Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

the Utes should win at Houston?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football the Utes should win at Houston?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BleedsRedUte
      Participant

I haven’t done an in depth research of Houston football this year, but based on their record, 2-5, and the opponents they have faced, Utah should win this game.

Houston has struggled to score against better defenses, which I think we are rounding into, with Reid back and game experience so far of the younger players.

Goes without saying that the Ute Offense has to improve enough to score more than Houston. Wilson has had a little time and snaps to be more comforable in the Offense. So much of the successful operation of the Offense is dependant on the QB and receivers knowing each other and getting in sync for the passing game. I can’t believe that Parks and Singer can’t get some separation and get open. Also Kuithe has been a top notch receiver.

If the Utes are going to get things turned around, Wilson has to start seeing which receiver is open fast and get the ball to them accurately. He should be able to do it now.

I think Bernard is good enough to have a good game rushing, especially if the OL makes a step up in blocking, which they usually do each season.

The big unkown is how the loss of Ludwig and the new signal caller Bajakian will affect the Offense?
      I can’t help but be optimistic! Bajakian cannot change the playbook overnight. I hope he simply makes sure there is a solid playbook for the game, makes a few tweaks of his own, but primarily assures the plays are practiced and cleanly executed. No trick plays (maybe one) please!

Go Utes!!

Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

Not really sure what to expect. Yes, Houston has been bad, but so have we. We haven’t played a defense this season that’s ranked in the top 60 in scoring D, yet we’re still the 95th ranked scoring offense. Also, Houston beat TCU pretty handily, so there’s that.

SalUteopia
      Participant

The question mark at the end of post title says everything we need to know about today’s game and our situation in general.

Anfernee
        Participant

“Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?” King Theoden 

UteBacker

Expect a win at your own peril.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.