Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

This “could” end up being Whitt’s best season as a coach.

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This “could” end up being Whitt’s best season as a coach.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

Let’s drop all the speculation as to what WHitt knew about Rising and Kuithe and when he knew it. None of us know the truth and we will likely never know.

If Whitt somehow gets the offense rolling (without Cam & Kuithe) and wins 5 of the next 7 games, I would say that this may be Whitt’s best coaching year ever. If you can overcome 20+ injuries to key players and still win 9 games in possibly the best conference – that would be an amazing season.

I do not like or support the secrecy program in place on the hill. I think it does more harm than good. However, if Whitt and crew can pull off 9 wins under the circumstances – I will be very impressed.

3 1
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

I’d say “yes” to all that, especially if three of the five victories you mention are against USC, Oregon, and Washington. Of course, if we do that, a lot of us will be p**sed at losing to Zona or Colorado.

DataUte
      Participant

I feel like we have to beat who we ‘should’: Cal, ASU, UA, CU. That takes us to 8 wins. That is ‘you did your job with what you have and held it together’ land. Solid. Win the 50/50 against USC (our defense limits their offense, we actually score some points on their horrible defense, maybe getting a few defensive points to help), that’s a ‘ok, really good job’. Would love going out as 4 straight against USC. That’s 9-3. That’s acceptable (and impressive) to me this year with reset expectations. Full strength Utah beats Oregon at home. This team – going to be a challenge. They are a complete team and without our best talent even at home will have to be an amazing coaching job. @ UW is a struggle no matter what (still waiting for them to be exposed, but more and more look like a legit really good team). Just don’t want to be embarrassed.

//r00t4Utes
        Participant

Heck, before the season started and even with Cam 9-3 was a realistic possibility that Woodbridge been “ok” and understandable.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

Who’s Woodbridge?

2008 National Champ
            Participant

phone autocorrect for would’ve? i don’t do the dictate but I’ve seen plenty of times where people don’t enunciate and get some odd results.

2 1
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

This reminds me of a Pete Sampras quote about Andre Agassi. Agassi had gone from one of the top rated to almost being not good enough to play on the tour anymore. Agassi turned it around and eventually won a major. Afterward, someone asked Sampras how he felt about the Agassi turnaround.

Sampras replied, I respect Andre for getting back to the top. I don’t respect him for needing to in the first place.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Hey now let’s focus on getting more than one touchdown a game on offense before we talk wins.

I keed I keed.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

You may be keeding, but I’m seriously thinking that.

Utah
      Participant

What’s going to happen is Utah will end up in the Independence Bowl vs BYU. That would freaking suck.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

I don’t even want to see BYU in a photograph.

UtMtBiker
      Participant

Could just as easily be his worst. If we lose to Cal, the wheels come off against OU, USC, and UW…AZ and CU aren’t the gimmies we thought at the start of the year. This week is critical. Might be the biggest game of the year even with those other big names on the horizon. With all of these injuries, really needed to find some confidence and offense in a win this week.

DataUte
        Participant

Yeah, kind of felt @OSU was the biggest game (or most important) of the year – on the road against a good PAC team. Since we lost that one, now Cal becomes the biggest game to get a win and back on track (and hopefully an improved offense).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.