Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

This is a crazy year in so many ways

The Analytics Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This is a crazy year in so many ways

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      1 2
      ProudUte
      Participant

And I know I should not take college football too seriously and I don’t.  Nonetheless, I am disappointed with this team and the lack of discipline.  We are up 20 going into the 4th and dang near lose to a team decimated by injury.  Up until the 4th quarter we had no three and outs.  Then we end the game with three consecutive three and outs.  Much of this is on the coaches IMO.  

On the bright side, Covey looked like he is back, Jordan is the real deal and Kuithe is a stud.  We had a few moments on defense that looked good, but boneheaded penalties cost us big time.

On the bad side, Bentley is not a good QB and we left too many receivers open on D.  Also, IMO the offensive play calling lacked any creativity in the 4th quarter.  Part of this is because Bentley, but there are other things we can do than run up the middle on a stacked box.

It’s been a long time that I felt so disappointed with a win.

Oh well, I wrote this season off long ago.  I just hope that they can clean up the mistakes and be a better team in 2021.

1 3
      Utah5410
      Participant

Hard to fault the coaches when Bentley is terrible and the o-line sucks at pass pro. Unless you want to blame Harding. My stance hasn’t changed from last week. Kudos for them for there run blocking. But as I’ve said Harding always coaches them up for that

Hellhound152
      Participant

3rd and one is not a place for “creativity” if you have any trust in your O-Line or Backs.  If the players can’t get one yard under those circumstances as has been the case the past two weeks that is on them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.