Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Though disappointing…

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Though disappointing…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      THEeyepatch
      Participant

I wasn’t at all surprised with the loss to Arizona. Just like USC, I didn’t have much confidence in Utah going on the road in back-to-back weeks and winning. Seems as if the Ute defense stayed in Washington. I missed the second half because I fell asleep at halftime — worked all day — but from what I saw in the first half, it didn’t seem as if the Utes had anything going for them from stupid penalties to dropped (tipped) passes. It was frustrating to watch and when I saw that Utah lost in double-OT, that’s what was surprising. Utah made a game out of it, and even had a lead at one point.

So, it’s been a fun ride with all the playoff chatter. Did anyone think Utah in week 10/11 Utah would even be in that conversation when the season began? The Pac-12 may not make the CFP’s but that just shows how tough this conference is, any team on any day can beat you.

Also, I love reading from a certain pathetic butt-hurt fan base how Utah “isn’t” a top-25 team or that the Pac-12 is “weak” or “overrated”. Last I checked — about 10 mins ago — Utah is still ranked in both the AP and Coaches and will be ranked in the CFP poll. Plus five Pac-12 teams ranked and UCLA sitting at 26. Yeah, Pac-12 IS weak jackasses haha.

It’s unfortunate that Utah needs help to win the Pac-12 but it is what it is. I’m a Quacks fan this weekend.

Here’s to a strong finish at home against UCLA and Colorado. Get those 10-wins Utes and possibly the Rose or Fiesta Bowl.

BEAT UCLA!

GO UTES!

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Yes I don’t think any team could go undefeated in our conference. It kind of eats itself with all its strong teams. In the long run that hurts the conference’s chances of sending a representative to the CFP.

Oregon is coming on very strong right now. I would not be surprised to see them take USC to the woodshed at this point, which is what we need to happen.

FormerUteSax
        Participant

It seems like everyone wants parity, until you have it, then you get penalized for it.

THEeyepatch
        Participant

I kinda had a feeling the P12 would cannibalize itself this season and right out of the CFP’s. Pac-12 is hard.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Interesting patterns developing. Teams like Oregon and Arizona which suffered early key injuries have healed up and are playing well, while teams such as UCLA and Utah have suffered injuries later in the season and are now playing key games with depleted rosters. It’s been all about meeting teams at the right time. No way would Utah beat Oregon if they had to play them now. If Utah caught Arizona for the 4th or 5th game of the season, they beat them easily. Just the way it is.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.