Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Thoughts

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts

• This topic has 13 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by MDUte.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      19 6
      Distantute
      Participant

I miss the pac12 after week one. I dont like or care about a single Big12 team. I used to watch sc, oregon, uw, etc, but had no interest in watching a single big12 team and actually was rooting against all of them. Maybe that will change after we start playing them, but that was my week 1 reaction. Anyone else the same?

10 1
      OmahaOmaha
      Participant

I invest far too much time and money to be casual about it. If I didn’t care about the B12, I’d be out. I watched a bunch of B12 yesterday and looking forward to the conference games. OSU, Baylor, TCU, BYU, the old P12 teams — even Iowa State. Yeah, I’m not on the same page as you — I’m pumped.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Im with you Omaha. I’m looking forward to see some new teams. I wish we were still in the Pac12 but we’re not.

I choose to look forward not back. I think we have a better chance to get to the playoffs every year from the Big12. Basketball will be much better for the players who will play in packed arenas on the road. That will help recruiting.

The top programs are getting more separation from the rest. If they don’t put an NIL cap in place it will only get worse. Big donors will not waste money on a team that can’t compete with the big boys.

Redblood
      Participant

Me too. It’s strange, it was so easy to start rooting for the PAC schools in out of conference. Not for me and the Big 12. I saw a guy with a shirt that only had the Big 12 logo on it at the game and was red. My first reaction was he must be a BYU fan. Such a strange reaction but it was real. Weird…

Dallas
      Participant

I had to remind myself that I should be rooting for the conference. Just not an exciting conference of mid-majors.

utefansince79
      Participant

Felt strange not being able get up Sunday morning and not able to turn on the Pac12 network to see highlights of the conference games from the weekend.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Besides Miami, the only games I watched on TV involved former PAC schools. I’m not going to get emotionally invested in the Big XII when it’s clear, at least to me, that Utah’s membership in the conference is temporary.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I loved to watch Oregon, USC, UCLA to root against them. I tried to watch UCLA yesterday but that wasn’t interesting. I guess it is what it is. We will have to build up new “rivalries.”

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

I do miss the P12. But I also found myself wanting the B12 teams to win this weekend. I only caught parts of a few games, but I was glad when our conference mates won. Even when TCU beat an old P12 school.

Extra Medium
      Participant

I can’t bring myself to care about the B12 teams. Maybe I’ve aged out of being invested in college football to the level I was in the Pac-12. I found myself following the old pac-12 teams more than the new B12 teams yesterday.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

I really don’t care about these mid tier teams in s**tty little towns. I will forever mourn the Pac-12. I can not wait to beat the brakes off these punks.

UTE98
      Participant

I had a weird thought. I’ll probably watch WSU and OSU when they are on TV, and even a few MWC games. But BigXII probably not. May tune in to OSU this week to see our first conference opponent, but may not even do that.

Utah
      Participant

I watched a TON of college football this weekend. I have teenage boys and so we watch. The Big 10 and SEC have some great teams. The Big 12…Utah is just better than everyone else. Maybe Kansas is really good as well…but everyone else is just…meh.

I think the Big 12 title game will be Kansas and Utah and both teams will have one loss at worst. Then a bunch of 6-8 win teams.

MDUte
        Participant

I fit the demographic the media networks are consolidating CFB for. Because outside of watching Utah I found myself only tuning in to see the big brands play…Florida/Miami, LSU/USC, TAMU/ND, Georgia/Clemson.

I hate watching teams play non-competitive games against FCS opponents which is what most games in Week 1 are. The ideal for me is the NFL-lite Super League model, where the biggest brands in CFB are grouped together and only play against each other, culminating in a real EoY playoff system. That would be CFB heaven for me, and of course that would include Utah as one of the biggest brands.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.