Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Thoughts on tonight’s USC game?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Thoughts on tonight’s USC game?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Admittedly I haven’t followed USC basketball much this season, so I’m not quite sure what we should be expecting from them other than I hear they are “talented.”  They have only two losses, Cal and Oregon.  They beat the zoobies and stanford.

Current ranking for USC is #25. 

So it sounds like tonight’s game is a challenge, and an opportunity to shine with a win.

Coreyc04
      Participant

As I stated earlier this week is huge for Utah. If they can win at least one of two they are in a good position. This game is the more winnable of the two so there is a lot of pressure on this game. 

2-0 week puts us on the bubble.

1-1 week gives us a good shot at finishing at the top of the conference.

0-2 week makes us probably finish under .500 in the Pac.

If Utah goes 2-0 this week, not only will they officially be on the bubble for the NCAA Tournament, they would probably jump into the Top 25 of the polls. Utah would have two straight wins over Top 25 opponents, one of which is in the Top 5 (#4 UCLA), while they would also be 13-4 overall (4-1 Pac-12). That record coupled with back-to-back Top 25 (one a Top 5) wins would probably jump the Utes into the rankings @ around #24/25 or so. It’s the first calendar week that Utah has played two straight Top 25 opponents since the 2010-2011 season (@ #6 SDSU on Tuesday, Feb 6 and @ #7 BYU Saturday, Feb 12). Huge opportunity for the Utes to make some real noise.

leftyjace
      Participant

Should be interesting.

I will be there, cheering until I’m hoarse!

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Looking at the schedule, we are beginning a mini guantlet.  Two top 25 teams at home, then two road games, then another top 25 team. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.