Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Top 5 Utes of 2016 (So far)

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Top 5 Utes of 2016 (So far)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wilson’s Mustache
      Participant

Disclaimer: This is not how talented I think they are. Purely based on performance.

1. Marcus Williams – Was Highest Rated Safety in the country, completely changes our defense.

2. Tim Patrick – He has 5 of our 7 passing touchdowns. Same as Marcus, but for the offense, we look completely different with him healthy.

3. Sunia Tauteoli – Biggest surprise of the year imo.

4. Garret Bolles – Living up to his hype. Had some early struggles adjusting, but is an absolute beast in run blocking. He’s sometimes so physical he gets called for phantom penalties.

5. Mitch Wishnowsky – Had huge shoes to fill & its almost like Tom Hackett never left. He could win the Ray Guy award this year. Enough said.

Honorable Mentions: Joe Williams, Isaac Asiata, Chase Hansen, Hunter Dimick

Who is in your top 5?

Utah
      Participant

This is tough. My top 5 so far: 

#5 – Mitch Wishnowski – He sets us up. Much like the OL and RB’s. They allow us to do what we want to do. His punting is critical.  

#4 – Shyne/Moss/Williams – They allow us to do what we love to do: Eat the clock, run the ball

#3 – Bolles – See above. He makes them great. 

#2 – Marcus Williams – He missed this weekend and we gave up 7,000 points over the middle. 

#1 – Lowell. The only game he missed was the Cal game. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Mitch big part of every win

Lowell HUGE part of the defense

Moss/JoeWilliams. Williams accounts for two wins by my book and Moss one. 

Troy Williams won the USC game plays really well when tasked with a tough call.

Marcus Williams. Hopefully gets healthy. 

Larry B
      Participant

@ Wilson’s Mustache

I asked this below but I’m not sure if you get notified of a reply to a post, so I’ll ask on this post. Do you know that Marcus isn’t playing or is that a guess?

Wilson’s Mustache
        Participant

I have just been told that it will be a game time decision, but that he is most likely expected back AFTER the bye week. I don’t believe anybody knows yet, I think if he can get out on the field even at 80% he will.

I really don’t know anything beyond that.

Larry B
          Participant

Gotcha. Yeah I think an 80% Williams > 100% Fogal. We need him big.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.