Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Travelling East

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      AlohaUte
      Participant

I do a ton of business travel. In my experience, travelling east feels way worse on my body than travelling west.

I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the team, if any, when they go to UCF or, eventually, West Virginia.

ArcheryUte
      Participant

What is 6 pm here is 8 pm there… does that work in our favor? Utah football only gets crazier the later it gets.

UteThunder
      Participant

Traveling one time zone, either direction, isn’t a big deal. The real trouble is when you travel more than one time zone, either direction.

I think avoiding the noon eastern time slot any time we go East will be good for us.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

On a normal week, the time zones would be a factor for UCF. But with the game being on a Friday after a holiday Thursday, I assume the team will fly Wednesday so they will have time to acclimate.

The bigger concern is that they won’t get a normal practice week. They’ll need to do a game plan walk-through on Sunday, do their reps Monday & Tuesday and then travel. Coming off what should be a very physical game against Iowa State, it will help if the game in Florida matters for something so the team can stay focused. If they’ve already clinched a spot in the CCG (or been eliminated), it can be easy to get distracted when they get out of their routine.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.