Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

TSPP at Baylor discussion

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football TSPP at Baylor discussion

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Baylor nearly pulled off the win in Colorado. They seem to be improved a bit. Not sure they have enough to beat the zoo, but one can hope. 10:00am kick on FS1

ukiyoronin
      Participant

I can’t decide. On the one hand Baylor hasn’t looked great. On the other, TSPP hasn’t been able to really run the ball. Baylor has a decent pass D. So I think if TSPP figures out the run at Baylor they win. If not, they could easily lose.

ProudUte
      Participant

I have to admit that BYU appears to have a great defense thanks to Jay Hill. Baylor will have a difficult time scoring, Could be a low-scoring game.

Utah
        Participant

BYU is so desperately trying to become Utah. Their whole defensive coaching staff is former Utah coaches. The defensive coaching is elite. Hill, Sitake, Gary Andersen, Justin Ena, Pouha…Then add in Poppinga.

BYU has excellent defensive coaches right now.

If I’m Utah State, I do everything I can to get Jay Hill and a couple of those coaches to Logan.

SalUteopia
      Participant

This is already feeling like their Kansa St game. Sigh!

Matt
      Participant

BYU is damn good. That jay hill defense is elite.

AZUTE
      Participant

Another short field TD set up by their D. Baylor looks flat after emotional loss last week.

Looks like another W for BYU where everything falls right for them.

RoboUte
      Participant

Baylor is a bad team but they are enjoying some success. On this drive they’re moving pretty convincingly. But overall I think top to bottom BYU is simply better. It’d be weird if they didn’t take this.

RoboUte
      Participant

I don’t think anyone on this board necessarily needs to be reminded but week after week it’s becoming more clear the old BIG12 have vastly overestimated themselves.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

Yep. Watching the OSU vs KSU game and I am less than impressed.

RoboUte
      Participant

Baylor with another later dirty push on a QB. Half the distance to the goal. Good to see dirty teams get punished.

Utah
        Participant

The Big 12 isn’t tough. They are dirty.

4 2
      Matt
      Participant

Retzlaff just got hit out of bounds like Rising. Baylor is dirty.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

I don’t understand the downvotes here. If it’s dirty, it’s dirty regardless of the team.

Rick Walker
      Participant

The late hit call they just called for retzlaff makes me mad, he didn’t get touched on his way out of bounds at all, he just tripped. Meanwhile we saw what happened to Cam…

RoboUte
      Participant

Baylor picked the wrong game to have a hangover on and these BIG12 enironments just aren’t hostile.

prestitute
      Participant

I think they are playing over their heads right now, but it’s hard not to give them the credit as playing the most impressive ball in the conference right now. I think they will come back to the pack, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see us play them 2x this year (I think playing Iowa St or UCF 2x is a little more likely though). At full strength, that is 2 Utah wins. This is looking like a pretty down year for most of the BigXII.

SalUteopia
        Participant

I’m already sick of them. Someone just beat them!!

RoboUte
        Participant

Theyre definitely good but they’re also benefiting from a lot of breaks. I think they’ll continue to find success but these runs of points won’t continue. Like KSU Baylor is moving the ball on them but isn’t translating. You can’t rely on that indefinitely, points on the board will regress to the mean

Matt
      Participant

Beautiful 50 yard td pass by Retzlaff. This game is over. Zoobs are legit

Tednab
        Participant

Their schedule is pretty favorable here on out .. Utah and UFC are the hardest games left .. well see how Arizona fares

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

AZ isn’t good. They’re a one trick pony with no defense. They’ll win 6 or 7 games this year.

1 1
      krindor
      Participant

After the SMU game, it was still very fair to doubt BYU

And K-State had enough weirdness that there was still some doubt.

But I think it’s time to accept that BYU is for real. Maybe not as good as they’ve looked (see aforementioned weirdness), but definitely a very good team

Tednab
        Participant

I credit Jay Hill, it wont belong before he’s poached

AZUTE
          Participant

Utah St HC or D Cord at a much bigger program that will double his BYU salary

Although that would come with much bigger expectations and I’ve heard he is extremely comfortable in Provo.

jshame17
        Participant

Yup.

Unfortunately, based on what has been shown on the field this season so far, they beat us this year.

Utah
      Participant

BYU is good. Their schedule will come down to this five week stretch:

Arizona, OKSU, Utah, Kansas.

That is a tough stretch.

ALUF
        Participant

Utah vs byu-p in Dallas, this league sucks lol maybe ucf?

Matt
          Participant

According to sarigan ratings, the Big 12 is the 2nd ranked league, even ahead of the big ten.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.