Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

TV viewing and DVR

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football TV viewing and DVR

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Stone
      Participant

In years past, I have signed-up for FUBO, which allowed me to record all Utah football games and watch them when I had time (typically, my Saturdays are too busy to allow me to watch games in real time). But my understanding is that FUBO is not going to work to get all of our games this year (although, maybe I am wrong).

What suggestions does this group have on how to DVR games this year? Is there a good platform for it?

Dallas
      Participant

Sling has been my go to. You can dvr the games. But it doesn’t get espn+ and probably not cbssports network. Unfortunately we’re gonna have to Frankenstein it this year. At least I could get the Pac12 network on sling.

Mr.BozaksBigToe
      Participant

I did hear that HULU live has the best access but I have not looked into that yet…

2 2
      UtesRule
      Participant

This is why we need the new Venu service that stupid FuboTV just sued.

Venu is supposed to have all of the channels we need for all of our games at a very reasonable price.

Stupid FuboTV!!!

homer
        Participant

Reasonable till they have their monopoly. Then, not so much. Competition makes everything better, quality and value

Red Rhino
      Participant

I have used Sling and Fubo TV. Sling is great but doesn’t have local channels. Fubo has the local channels but is getting pretty pricey. It was $79 dollars a month + wanted to charge an extra $10 per month for the local channels. I just signed up for YouTube TV yesterday. It was $72 per month. So far, I really like what I see. YouTube TV offers all the needed channels to watch Ute games, unlimited DVR, and you can watch up to 4 games on one screen. I have only had it for one day, but so far so good.

It looks like there is a lawsuit against Venu that could delay its premier. Until then, I will try YouTube TV.

wcrunner
        Participant

Red Rhino

I’m also switching from Sling to Youtube. To keep our family happy, older son is Oregon State grad and younger one is U of U. They don’t live at home but this way we get CW and the other channels so that covers both schools. I always have an ESPN+ subscription but use it mainly for the articles, only occasionally watching games.

Red Rhino
      Participant

I have used Sling and Fubo TV. Sling is great but doesn’t have local channels. Fubo has the local channels but is getting pretty pricey. It was $79 dollars a month + wanted to charge an extra $10 per month for the local channels. I just signed up for YouTube TV yesterday. It was $72 per month. So far, I really like what I see. YouTube TV offers all the needed channels to watch Ute games, unlimited DVR, and you can watch up to 4 games on one screen. I have only had it for one day, but so far so good.

It looks like there is a lawsuit against Venu that could delay its premier. Until then, I will try YouTube TV.

Utah
      Participant

From what I can see, Fubo TV will have everything except for ESPN+. I don’t see a way to get that without signing up for ESPN+, but I do already have that with my Disney subscription.

My big question is, for those that have used ESPN+ in the past, can we restart a game? I won’t be able to watch on Thursday until about halftime. Can I start the game over and watch from the beginning or do I have to wait until it ends?

//r00t4Utes
        Participant

This will be a learning season for all of us, and while I haven’t used it yet, I am told it does have a “start from beginning” option, so if you start watching while the game is still playing you should be able to start from the beginning AND shouldn’t have to wait for the game to be over to do so.

I can say I know Peac**k, Apple+, and Prime all have it when you select the game it automatically asks if you want to watch live or start from the beginning, so hopefully it’s just a simple for ESPN+.

Utah
          Participant

Awesome. Thank you.

ColumbiaUte
        Participant

I think you can get a bundle with Hulu and ESPN+

dwainegf
      Participant

ESPN+ has an on-demand feature. I have rewatched Montana State games that way. I’m not sure if they have everything (game) available, though.

CJS
      Participant

I also used FUBO all of last year and enjoyed the platform and loved watching all Utah sports on the Pac 12 channel. I did some analysis the first of the summer and this is what I came up with. If you are already paying for Disney + then Hulu is the best value over other platforms (I have young kids that love Disney).

Hulu with the live TV bundle includes ESPN + and all the sports channels that the Utes will play on this year. You also get the cloud “DVR” that records games. I set Utes football as my favorite team and included the record game option. I tested the favorite team function a couple of weeks ago with the Broncos and the preseason Broncos games are saved in my recordings.

Please note I reserve the right to be wrong because I have not tested the ESPN+ (Big 12 Now) portion yet but as I understand the Utes will only be on Big 12 Now once this year. Every Big 12 team will have one game on the Big 12 now platform.

Utah
        Participant

Huh. Thanks for this info. I’ll definitely have to look into this.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.