Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football U of U Football Digest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bopahull
      Participant

Homer breakdown of Utah’s Schedule

22Ute22
      Participant

I agree with him overall tbh. Arizona, Iowa State, and possibly TCU will all be tough games, but with the home field advantage, I think we win all 3. Oklahoma State and UCF are iffy to me. It’s funny that he thinks the Oklahoma state game will be a defensive battle, because I actually think it has a higher chance of being a shootout. Oklahoma State’s pass defense last year was terrible, and our offense is sounding like it’s really good, especially in the pass game. Oklahoma State benefits from getting us early because they will be the first really good team we play. I could definitely see a world where their incredibly good and experienced OL bullies our DL/LB’s and averages 5-6 yards a carry, opening up the pass game for them. However, I still think it’s overall more likely that our defense has a good game, than Bowman having a good game. Or at the very least our defense will make less mistakes than Bowman.

My prediction is 12-1 conference champs with a loss to UCF, and a 3rd seed playoff ranking.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Man I hope he is right. I think we have the talent and senior leadership to take one game at a time and not overlook any opponent. The team goal will be winning the conference which will get an automatic bid to the playoff.

We just need to stay healthy and focused. Should be an exciting year and it will fun seeing some new teams and stadiums.
      Go Utes!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.