Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Ugh these sports cancellations are nearing the Rose Bowl date

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ugh these sports cancellations are nearing the Rose Bowl date

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      LetItRide
      Participant

Anyone think this could become a compete cluster F and who knows what can be cancelled….masks….etc etc etc. 

If pros are being denied why haven’t college players? Teams… etc. etc.

11 1
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Considering the location I wouldn’t be suprised by anything.

I don’t believe it will happen though various reasons prevent it. 

Utesbyfive
      Participant

So far, and I don’t want to be controversial here but…. Omicron doesn’t seem to be that big a threat. Yeah, it’s more catchy, but it may actually not produce as serious of an illness. The South African doctors who identified it are not sure why it’s become another crisis. Bottom line, they need to find that out for certain ASAP.

Honestly, if it’s considerably weaker, and isn’t causing as serious of an illness, this could be the endgame for the pandemic. More people will catch it, and end up with some natural immunity, and we will be headed towards herd immunity. Cross your fingers folks.

10 5
        EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Crossing my fingers for that fifth booster shot actually.

12 2
          Utesbyfive
          Participant

Pfizer thanks you for your business.

EagleMountainUte
            Participant

13 4
              Utesbyfive
              Participant

Have you watched Dopesick? You should. Pharma companies really don’t care much about public health. They care about selling drugs.

14 2
                Central Coast Ute
                Participant

Not sure why someone would thumbs down this. Pfizer made $33B in profit last year due to the vaccine paid for by the government. Now they’re telling us to get a booster every 6 months. It’s a complete racket.

13 3
                  EagleMountainUte
                  Participant

Because the thought process immediately goes to: “must be an anti-vaxxer”. I must silence and not approve of any and all free thought on this matter.

1MNUte
                  Participant

Pfizer did not use government funds for development of their vaccine. Moderna and JJ yes but Pfizer no. V

Central Coast Ute
                    Participant

You are correct. Pfizer did not. Thank you for pointing that out.

Amen

fosternano
        Participant

Current consensus is that it’s not strong enough to keep most out of the hospital.

That’s what covid is doing. Creating more variants that are more contagious but less deadly.

Utesbyfive
          Participant

Sort of like the common cold. We could end up with Colds and Covid, forever,
          Each causing similar non-serious illness. After all, a lot of colds are actually caused by Coronaviruses.

Trailgoat
      Participant

Move the game to RES. Bring “THE” big boy football OSU Buckeyes into a packed RES. Utes win that game by three touchdowns, no question.

9 6
      Johnny
      Blocked

What’s sad is this is blown way out of proportion now. Almost everyone testing positive are like WTF? I’m not even sick. I’ve been tested 8 times in the last 18 months for doctor appointments. Tested positive twice. It’s all bulls**t. I’ve never been sick. Vaccinated with the Moderna through the VA. I’ve been exposed to many more scary viruses than Covid or even bad bacterial stuff as well. Any doctors out there want to challenge me? 

Uteusmc
      Participant

I have been concerned about this very thing for the last week especially with the game in California. My gut tells me that they are going to close down the game to players and staff only

Utesbyfive
        Participant

With literally tens of millions in ticket sales for just the stadium alone having to be refunded…. OMG.

The Stadium requires a vax or neg test. I have to wonder if they will shut it down. It’s kinda too big to fail.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

At this point I don’t see them shutting it down. They’ll require masks and as you proof of vaccination, but they won’t shut it down. I went to a stand up comedy show in Santa Barbara which required proof of vaccination with my wife. We brought our cards but no one even asked to see it.

Anfernee
      Participant
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.