Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

UO game observations after rewatch.

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UO game observations after rewatch.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Trailgoat
      Participant

TT is very quick and reads the running gaps very well. Reminds me of a big Booker.

Covey obviously has the green light to return kicks. He runs so much stronger now. Don’t expect to see him do it this agains CU, but gurantee he has the green light in Vegas. Kid is no joke and I would not be surprised to see him take a KO to the house before the year is done.

Utes used two different punters. Not sure if was a plan to throw off the block using a different footed kicker or an in the dog house thing.

Utes secondary did not play all that great at times. I know injuries are a huge factor. Phillips was out of position a few times. Vaughn, Matele, Bishop, and Mckinney played well. This group is going to be lights out good next year especially with Broughton, Marks, and Hubert (if he’s back) returning.

Utah’s blocking/receiving TEs are a huge problem for teams. Fotheringham, Kincaid, and Kuithe will be playing on Sundays.

Rising is amazing. Pass coverage was shakey at times and Rising needs to not throw into traffic. There were at least two plays I recall he tried to force the ball and could of been picked off. First scoring drive down by the goal line was one of them.

ProudUte
      Participant

I agree – three great tight-ends makes a big difference for our offense.  We can show many different alignments that keep the defense on their heels.

Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

Rising did have a few passes that probably should’ve been picked off. Needs to clean that up for CCG. Wouldn’t hurt for him to take off and run more too — especially in a title game where there’s nothing to lose.

CoyoteUte
      Participant

If any of you have the ESPN app, you should go watch the sky camera version of the game on demand there. Awesome angles on the trenches and Covey’s return 👌

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.