Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

USC beats LSU

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USC beats LSU

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Even though they’re not in our conference anymore, I still want USC to lose. Oh well. 🙂

Extra Medium
      Participant

It was a good game. I was hoping LSU would pull it out.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

First time they’ve won in Las Vegas?

16 3
      High Uintas
      Participant

I’ve never understood the USC hate. Seems like petty jealousy to me. USC was a big proponent of Utah getting a Big Ten invite last year and will lobby for us getting in later – same with Oregon.

89ute
        Participant

Would like to think that USC and Oregon lobbied for us, but I’m not convinced it’s true. I think it’s internet rumor echo chambered by gullible Ute fans. If I’m completely wrong and way off base, please show me and I’d happily eat crow.

3 1
          Central Coast Ute
          Participant

Flugar reported that’s what he was told. He’s also been right about realignment and was the first to say USC wasn’t happy and was looking to join the B1G while Kliavkov was acting like everything was fine. The guy is very credible. I’ve never heard about Oregon lobbying for us.

89ute
            Participant

So just him saying it?

Well, right or wrong, I wouldn’t be one to echo it.

https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/message_board/vtrealignment/6615a2e96052dc0013100027

Didn’t know who or what this person is, first thing that came up on a search.

This is as far as I’m going down this rabbit hole.

Oh, thanks for they reply by the way.

Central Coast Ute
              Participant

Honestly, I’ve listened to him a few times and haven’t heard him make any predictions, so I’m not sure what the poster is speaking about. He mostly talks about B1G sports like most Podcaster do. His comments on the Utes, Stanford, and UCLA make sense.

6 2
        HATUman
        Participant

They can lobby all they want, that doesn’t change the fact that they’re the reason that the PAC 12 was decimated. They schemed behind the scenes for personal gain, prevented the PAC from picking apart the Big XII which would have essentially ended that conference, leaving BYU to squander in disbelief. We have owned them in play over the past several seasons and their fans have been completely disrespectful. They were doing a great job of making it easy to hate them, and that rivalry was growing faster than anyone ever thought it would. Just as I cheer for BYU to lose, I now cheer for USC to lose. Whether it’s petty or not… it is what it is.

22Ute22
        Participant

Are you serious? They are the ones what destroyed the pac 12. Im pretty sure they are the ones that prevented the conference from adding Oklahoma and Oklahoma state after Texas changed its mind on potentially joining. They wanted very uneven revenue sharing because of what they did in the 1900’s and early-mid 2000’s. Their fans are incredibly arrogant and were hated by all the rest of the pac 12 fans. I despise USC as a program. That being said, I’m sad we will no longer get to play them, and that we won’t hate them going forward. I’m not from Utah, nor have I grown up around BYU fans. In fact, the one BYU fan that I grew up with was one of my best friends in school, so I don’t really have much animosity towards the zoobs. But USC fans? I hate them.

Dallas
      Participant

Best part of Pac12 was beating usc over and over again. The fact that a team with the history and resources of Utah could beat SC over and over was beautiful. No big12 team can match that joy.

Kirk Herbstreet
        Participant

YES! When you are right, you are right!

I loved watching USC win tonight. These are our people, folks. Utah going 7-7 vs. USC since joining the PAC is glorious. I will cheer for every former PAC team to succeed. ASU, UA, don’t matter.

We will be reunited with USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington again (probably Stanford as well).

Roy Rangum
      Participant

I see it different. Even though we’re not in the same conference anymore, I can’t help but want to see the old PAC-12 teams succeed. Particularly when it comes at the expense of an SEC team.

Kirk Herbstreet
        Participant

Halleluiah!

utepilot
        Participant

I agree.

5 1
        UofU Fanatic
        Participant

U$C is the only pac team I want to lose every game but…. against SEC I’m okay with them losing to U$C

2 1
          NashvilleUte
          Participant

I’ll agree with Fanantic, U$C is the only PAC team that I’ll never cheer for. Unless they play that team from happy valley. That would be the only exception.

It’s not because of petty jealousy. It’s because it was starting to feel like a real rivalry on both sides. Not like our fake rivalry with Colorado. That never felt like a real rivalry. At the end of the PAC , the Utah/U$C game was almost always a top game for the season on many expert’s lists.

Hopefully when we get an invite to the B1G or whatever super league is next, we can rekindle that rivalry. Obviously our other rival won’t make the cut for the super league. If it’s a brand new league of the top football only teams, I’m not sure that UCLA will even make it, especially with how little they’ve been supporting football.

Charlie
      Participant

I still pull for western teams when playing eastern teams. It remains important that there is good football in the west regardless of conference affiliation. We don’t need great football ending at Texas.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

When we got to play them yearly I’d rather them win. It’s much like another super arrogant team that it’s sweeter when we crush them and they have find the cognitive dissonance to hold onto a certain kind of self righteous belief that they are somehow better afterwards.

In this case since that applies I decided that other than liking for SEC teams to lose OOC games I didn’t care much.

Utah#1
      Participant

It seemed like a pretty competitive game with two ranked teams; however, are they both really good teams this year? Hard to tell this early on. It looks to be USC fixed their defensive issues from past seasons, but only time will tell.

AlohaUte
      Participant

I was going for SC, I really hate the SEC. Also, I think the win somewhat validates the strength of former pac12 teams

BD
      Participant

I root for SC knowing that some of our fans won’t. I get it since we all can blame SC ultimately for the demise of the Pac.

That said, I believe Fluegar when he said SC wanted Utah in the B1G even though there really isn’t any hard proof of that. I believe Fluegar since he got the ultimate prediction correct and that alone lends me to believe he does have some credible sources. Then again I realize i believe Fluegar on SC wanting Utah because admittedly it’s what I want to hear.

Also, I am sick and tired of BYU fans I know still telling me the Pac wasn’t really any better than the MWC. I’ll root for former Pac teams to counter that.

High Uintas
      Participant

USC wasn’t responsible for the demise of the PAC-12. That would be Fox and ESPN.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.