Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

Utah at Houston thoughts.

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah at Houston thoughts.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

So I usually like to be optimistic in my predictions but I see tomorrow night going two ways. Utes win or Utes lose. Well that seems obvious right? Let’s get the loss out of the way.

How Utah loses? I feel like we may see the defense finally just break and end up giving up loads of points. Could be the quit game and we will see a lot more L’s after that. Road game with a defense that has had to suffer through some bulls**t.

Or Utah wins. The result I want. I have predicted 15-13 Utah. I feel like the defense will set up a FG and potentially score. The offense will not turn around quickly. It would be cool to see Wilson grow up and have more than one flash in the pan moment. Maybe that changes but if the offense experiences a little push back I see it crumpling similar to TCU. TCU was not doing anything fancy and the offense just slogged.

Maybe I am wrong. I really hope my Utah loses is wrong the most. Going forward I am not confident in a drastic offensive turn around. Maybe I am wrong there. I was wrong often last year when Ludwig and Whitt went with Barnes.

utefansince79
      Participant

More chaos plays by the defense would help. Only non-offensive TD has been the blocked field goal return. Usually by now our defense has had a few scores.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Well Snowden got robbed off of that False Start TCU had. Houston is prone to turn it over and has been shut out twice on the year.
        But they also put up 30 against TCU. It is hard to be fair to Utah as Utah’s defense for the most part has been really good. Utah’s offense is the worst in the country.

Which could it get any worst? Yeah I think so and that could be turnovers based on new schemes and plays.

RedRocks
          Participant

Yeah, that false start penalty made me wonder why those don’t count as a free play for the defense; kind of like how offside is a free play for the offense.

I wonder what it would be like if they were allowed to continue the play and the defense was allowed to accept/reject the penalty.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

False start is a dead ball foul. The play shouldn’t have started but sometimes does before anyone hears the whistle.

Illegal motion is the same as offsides where you can choose the result of the play or the penalty.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

After the UCLA game and then the first half of Oregon State it was clear that Johnson could not make even the simplest throws with any consistency. Even if Barnes could only provide 75% of what Rising did, he was the only option for the rest of the season.

UteBacker

Zero expectations (good or bad). Actually, this is one of the more stress-free games in some time for me. We’re not really playing for anything other than a little pride.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Wish I could get that way. I care still. Let me know how you are doing going into the next opponent.

UteBacker

Oh, I care. I just don’t have any expectations of doing well the rest of the year. These past three games pretty much put a bullet in the head of my hopes and optimism.

EagleMountainUte
            Participant

Ahh that makes sense. I have LOWERED expectations. So if the outcome is better than the worst I can enjoy that. I certainly don’t enjoy seeing the degradation of the offense.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I’m always interested in who steps up and makes a play for the team. We have been playing not to lose and nobody wants to make a mistake. Play lose and have fun (novel idea).

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.