Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Utah Football Program Elite

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Football Program Elite

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      UtesRule
      Participant

This fact is pretty impressive, if you ask me!

Only 6 teams have been ranked in the CFP rankings more times than Utah (out of 56 all time weekly rankings):

Alabama & Ohio State – 56
      Clemson – 51
      Oklahoma – 48
      Notre Dame – 45
      Georgia – 44
      Utah – 43
      LSU – 41
      Michigan & Oklahoma State – 39
      Oregon – 34
      U$C – 33
      Penn St & Wisconsin – 32
      Auburn – 29
      Florida – 28
      Iowa – 27
      Baylor, Florida St., Michigan State & Mississippi State – 26

Fellas, we have an elite football program!! Enjoy the ride!

Go Utes…Beat U-Dub!!!

ProudUte
      Participant

Very impressive. So much for those who say that Utah is not a big brand in college football.

Go Utes!!!

UtMtBiker
        Participant

Guess that depends on your definition of “brand”. If you mean successful at winning games, then yes. If you mean something more along the lines of number of supporters, revenue generation for the networks and national national perception, we’re no where near a big boy brand. If we were, we wouldn’t be going to the big12 with our hat in our hands.

3 1
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Great post!! It’s been a great ride. Except you left out or deleted BYU. I can’t imagine they aren’t on the list with their well known brand.

ProudUte
        Participant

CB BYU fans judge success from things 30-40 years ago like the 1984 NC, a Heisman winner, and two Outland trophy winners.

Looking at the last twenty years Utah has:

4 NY6 bowl games including two wins
        2 undefeated seasons
        4 straight PAC 12 championship games including 2 PAC 12 championships
        First pick in the NFL draft
        7th place in CFP ratings

I come from the olden days. The first year that I had season tickets was in 1974 and the Utes went 1-10 that season. We have come a long way.

There are those who think the glory days will end when KW retires. I am not one of those. I think Scalley has learned from the master and will continue the run.

Go Utes!!!

2008 National Champ
          Participant

If you have to tout your favourite team’s accomplishments to its own fanbase, you aren’t a big brand.

Yergensen
          Participant

Top 20 football program for sure, but brand is more than 20 years’ performance and it’s based on more than just performance. We’re not a big brand, yet.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I was there with you and the 10,000 other fans in 1974. Rock bottom for Utah football. Wayne Howard brought energy and an O line coach named Ron McBride. Jim Fassel brought in the high scoring Scott Mitchell offense.

McBride brought MAFA and the family atmosphere. Urban brought the organization and will to succeed. Now Kyle with the toughness to go with family and will. It’s been a great ride!! Let’s all appreciate what we have and not lose sight of how hard it is to win every game. Go Utes!!

chinngiskhaan
      Participant

I think we all know Utah is not an elite football program. Elite programs at least have a chance at winning the championship on a regular basis. We don’t have the horses to make a championship run at the end of a season. We are simply too thin on offense.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.