Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Utah in 2023 had quite a low scoring anemic offenses

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah in 2023 had quite a low scoring anemic offenses

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      2 2
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Nothing has really changed on that side of the ball

Oline was really terrible. Getting bullied.

Wilson is not ready at all. Frankly he is taking risks with himself. He is really inaccurate sometimes.

Defense did enough imo.

Screw the analytics s**t needs to stop.

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

This isn’t really on Wilson. He’s just not ready. He’s played about how you would expect a true freshman to play. This is about Cam being unwilling to give up on plays and putting himself at risk. If he throws that ball away well before taking that late hit, he’s not injured right now. It’s just really bad decision making. I agree the inability to get those points early was beyond frustrating.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Not ready is on him a little bit. Mostly the coaches.

TruckStopTerrors
          Participant

How many true freshman are ready to take the reigns of a P4 team with playoff aspirations? That’s a lot to put on a kid’s plate.

2 1
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

Could be a long season. Obviously our future opponents are going to look at this film and try to imitate the result. Rising needs to get back on the field ASAP or this season is over for all intents and purposes.

5 1
        EagleMountainUte
        Participant

I just don’t believe he will play again. As far as I am concerned it is talk until Rising literally goes out to lead the offense.

Season is done though. Rising won’t change. Whitt said that multiple times. He would battle for a meaningless incompletion 99% of the time. He wouldn’t do that any differently.

Whitty
          Participant

It’s one loss, season is far from done genius

2 1
            cj13
            Participant

He’s in his feels

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

I think if there is a bright spot even in a loss like this, it’s that I think Wilson is going to make huge jumps in the coming years. This experience while being rocky will pay big dividends down the road.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Years. Man optimism with these QBs sticking around. Utah has bucked the trend in this era a little obviously and has remained loyal to guys . I just don’t see that being normal going forward.

TruckStopTerrors
          Participant

I don’t see him transferring out. Grew up a Utah fan, chose Utah over other huge schools and will get the NIL money he would want to stay. If he wanted to go elsewhere, I think he wouldn’t have picked Utah to begin with.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.