Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Utah : NCAA Tournament Bid

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utah : NCAA Tournament Bid

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wilson’s Mustache
      Participant

So what does Utah have to do it get a bid to the NCAA Tournament?

Will beating Cal/OSU & 1 seed Oregon be enough to get an at-large bid or will we need to win the conference tournament to get in?

Utah & Iowa seem to be in a very similar situation. Both have 18 wins against DI competition, similar RPI (71 & 73 currently) but Iowa has two wins against top 25 teams on the road and a lot of Iowa fans speculate that if they beat Indiana & Wisconsin that they are in. Currently they are seen as one of the first 4 teams out. The reason I bring this up is that Utah doesn’t seem to be getting any attention as even having the potential for an at-large bid.

Would Utah even be in contention had they not lost to OSU, San Fran & both North Cal schools? Would 22-23 wins have been enough?

I know there’s been a lot of talk about this already, but I was curious if any had a better insight.

PorterRockwell
      Participant

Win the conference tournament.  

Utah
        Participant

Sadly, this. Maybe if we beat USF and OSU we’d just need a win over Cal and Oregon, but with those two losses, we have no good wins and two bad losses. 

Maybe, maybe, maybe make the PAC-12 finals and if there are no other upsets in other conferences we can sneak in. 

Tacoma Ute
      Participant

No worries. We’re winning the tourney this week.

utefansince79
      Participant

Utah was the first team on the “first four out” right before the 2OT loss at Berkeley.  If we had pulled that out, and avoided the letdown which included losses to Stanford and Ore St, even with the Oregons, we would likely be on the favorable side of the bubble.

As it is now, we likely need to cut down the nets on Saturday night to go dancing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.