Utah offers Hans Olsen’s son

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I heard that coach Harding gave a scholarship offer to Hans Olsen’s son. He is a big boy. I hear he is 6’7″ and 315 pounds.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I watched some of his highlights on Hudl and he is a huge kid but he tends to hold quite a bit. Hope he can clean that up this season. He will probably become a zoob anyway.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I have no idea where he will end up, but you can’t teach that kind of size. He needs to develop. if Utah gets him and he enrolls in January, we will get him in the weight room and start working on his skills. He already plays for a very good high school coach and program.

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

Don’t be so sure Hans absolutely loves Utah Whit and Harding.

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

He is BYU’s color guy on their broadcasts now isn’t he?

Kellso
            Ute Fan
            @kellso

It boils down to his overall goal in football. If he wants to win championships and have a chance of playing after college, he will go to Utah.

MDUte
              Ute Fan
              @mdute

I’ve seen the Zoobs complain quite a bit about Hans over the past couple of years because he’s such a fan of Whitt’s. They seem convinced that he’s focused on doing everything he can to help get his son up to Utah. So even though he’s now BYU’s color guy, he wants what’s best for his son. And it sounds like he’s no dummy, he wants his son playing for Whitt/Harding. I even noticed the Zoobs now complaining that TSPP hasn’t even offered his kid yet, suggesting they know he’s not coming to Provo. But we’ll see. Just passing along my observations.

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

Everything I’ve heard is that the kid is a big Ute fan and Hans would prefer him at the U. That’s all just pontification from internet guy, but it’s what I’ve heard. The folks on Cougarboard are convinced that he’s not going to land at BYU and will end up at the U as it’s the kid’s dream school.

Yes, Hans now works for BYU, but that’s pretty new and fandom and loyalty run deep.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Sitake is on his last or second last year? The only way he saves his job is 6-7 wins and a win over Utah. Which isn’t happening.

I wouldn’t commit to that program right now.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Hans is a closeted coog and an opportunist. If we hadn’t been so dominant the last two decades his bias would be apparent.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Hans is a former BYU player, and he is now their color guy. He played with Kalani. Obviously, he is a BYU fan. But, he has never been a Utah hater and has great respect for Whitt and Harding.

In my opinion, this kid would be a good get. We have flipped other BYU legacy kids, and I hope we can flip this kid. I know he is no Fano. I don’t expect him to start as a Freshman. However, he has great size. We can get this kid in the weight room, work on his skills, and he may end up being a two-year starter for the Utes.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

ProudUte is correct. Hans has been very fair and has been more critical of TSPP than he has been of Utah. He has no reason to be other than he’s saying what he thinks. In my opinion, he’s been wanting his kid to go to the U. Maybe his stance has changed since TSPP and Utah are now in the same conference to go along with his job down there, but so far, Utah is his best offer. Even if TSPP ends up offering him.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

The funny thing is that many on the CB think that Hans is a Utah homer. Hans just speaks the truth, and sometimes it offends BYU and even Utah fans. He doesn’t try to sugarcoat things. When he sees something that is not working – he brings it up.

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

if both fanbases think he’s a homer for the other school, he’s doing his job right

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

In 2021, Hans was critical of the Utes. After Aaron Lowe died, he said he’d give them pass the rest of the year. I thought all of that was fair.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I love his take on things related to football. He’s a converted lineman, defense to offense, who knows both sides of the ball, especially the trenches. I haven’t ever thought he was a Utes hating Zoob. His analysis has been fair and even with both schools.

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

He looks stiff and slow to me. A bit of a project.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah offers Hans Olsen’s son