Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Utah Softball in NCAA Durham, NC Regional

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utah Softball in NCAA Durham, NC Regional

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      PlainsUte
      Participant

Utah’s quest to return to OKC for the Women’s Softball Finals starts in Durham, NC. Duke (overall 10-seed) is hosting and the Utes will start by playing South Carolina.

D T
      Participant

SC crushed us earlier this year down there in Mexico, 9-1, but we got off to a slow start to the year….We’re a different team now, going 13-3 to finish the year, including 4 straight over ranked opponents before narrowly losing to #6 UCLA by just one run.

I believe we’ll show well in Durham.

PlainsUte
        Participant

Thanks for the info, I had not even thought to check if the Utes and SC (the other one) had met before.
        As you said the Utes seemed to have grown quite a bit during the season, so hope the outcome is different even if the Utes have to play in SC’s backyard.

GO UTES!!

D T
          Participant

Yeah, injuries contributed to our slow start & likely overconfidence due to our success last year.

I’m definitely more concerned about Duke than SC….Duke got robbed of a higher national seed….They’ve lost just 6 games on the year….Elite.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.