Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Utah v. Oregon

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      2 3
      UteFanatic
      Participant

I really kind of hate that it’s in the P12’s best interest for Utah to lose to Oregon twice. This scenario gets a P12 team into the CFP. Silver lining for Utah is it probably still means going to the Rose Bowl. But I want a conference title and Rose Bowl.

Let’s hope that the P12’s preferences don’t spill over into the officiating realm.

Yes, I know we play Zona this week but I’m a fan and can look ahead all I want to.

3 1
      UteBacker

So, if I have this straight:

Utah beats Oregon twice: Utah- Rose  Oregon- lesser bowl/ Pac no playoff

Utah loses to Oregon twice: Oregon- Playoff  Utah- Rose

Utah beats Oregon next week, loses in the title game: Utah- lesser bowl  Oregon- Rose/ Pac no playoff

Utah loses to Oregon next week, wins the title game: Utah- Rose  Oregon- lesser bowl/ Pac no playoff

Man… that’s messed up.  The best thing for Utah bowl and monetary-wise is to lose to Oregon twice.

* disclaimer: there HAS to be some rule the Rose Bowl committee can invoke to avoid inviting an 8-5 Utah team.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

My main thing is I need Utah to win the Pac-12 championship game.  I’ll win $1200 on bet I made in Vegas a few months ago.  🙂

UteFanatic
          Participant

I want you to win that bet, Tony.

ALUF
        Participant

Let’s just kick their ass twice…can’t let Oregon decide our fate since they lost to asu in 2019 making our loss in the championship what it was. Had we lost to an undefeated Oregon back then, we would’ve gone to the rose bowl in 2020 instead of the alamo bowl

I get that it would be important financially for us to let Oregon get to the CFP but I’d rather us just win the league and play in the rose bowl than risk some lesser bow game

ProudUte
        Participant

If Oregon and Utah win their other games and Utah loses to Oregon on the 20th – we will likely be going to the Rose Bowl regardless of what happens in Vegas.

If we win on the 20th and lose in Vegas – we will end up in the Alamo Bowl.

Weird stuff.

UteFanatic
        Participant

I believe you have the scenarios right. And yes, the RB can select another P12 team other than the conference runner-up if they are “roughly” as good as the runner-up.

The RB selection criteria is really loose and gives them some flexibility on which P12 team to select (it was obviously written by lawyers). I don’t want to give them the option to choose.

My rooting interest is Utah first, P12 second. So I don’t care if Oregon doesn’t go to the CFP. I’d rather beat them twice.

Charlie
          Participant

I agree, Utah first. Utah needs to win each next game and go from there. With Utah and Oregon likely playing twice in 13 days I expect it will be difficult for either to win twice. Betting money may likely favor the loser of the first game. Lets look for payback for 2019.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

If Utah loses to Oregon twice, there’s no guarantee they go to the Rose Bowl. If ASU wins out, the Rose could invite them.

perceptionate
      Participant

If we are talking *BEST* case scenario for the conference, then it is for an 11-2 Oregon team to still make the CFP after losing to Utah at Rice Eccles but then winning in the conference championship game. Utah would then be ranked at 9-4 going into the Rose Bowl (which would be far more respectable than an 8-5 unranked team).

This is extremely unlikely, but it is the best (still possible) outcome for the Pac. In any event, I don’t care and will be cheering for the Utes in every game from here on out.

MDUte
        Participant

My vote is for kicking the quack out of the Ducks TWICE, winning our 1st Conference Title, and playing in our 1st Rose Bowl as a ranked 10-3 PAC 12 Champion.

Screw Oregon!…Payback’s a bitch! Go Utes!!!

UteFanatic
          Participant

Can you believe 11-3 with a Rose Bowl victory over the B1G #1 or #2 team is in the realm of possibilities this year given the way the season started?

MDUte
            Participant

I know!! It’s amazing! Plus if that happened, we’d definitely finish in the Top 15.

1 4
      Utes 69
      Participant

I really kind of hate that it’s in the P12’s best interest for Utah to lose to Oregon twice. This scenario gets a P12 team into the CFP. Silver lining for Utah is it probably still means going to the Rose Bowl. But I want a conference title and Rose Bowl.

Let’s hope that the P12’s preferences don’t spill over into the officiating realm.

Yes, I know we play Zona this week but I’m a fan and can look ahead all I want to.

My response…I do not understand your logic! you are either a closet duck fan or delusional…….I want the Utes to kick ass 2 times over the ducks.  this year and every year. football ad basketball. 

UteFanatic
        Participant

WTF are you talking about? I want the Utes to win every game they play. I want the Utes to beat Oregon twice and win the P12 and go to the Rose Bowl. Then I want Utah to shock the world by beating B1G #1 or #2.

I don’t know how you came to the conclusion that I am delusional or a Ducks fan. What an odd response.

I simply stated Utah’s and the P12’s interests are not aligned. Which is 100% true.

MDUte
          Participant

Not sure if this is correct but I thought Utes 69 was responding to Perceptionate’s post

UteFanatic
            Participant

Oh. Well in that case, I apologize for the angry response. But he did quote reply me…

MDUte
              Participant

Oh yea you’re right, I didn’t realize that. Maybe you should go back to being angry with his response and tell him he needs to work on his reading comprehension skills haha!

Gugstanley
                Participant

Screw the PAC 12. I just want Utah to win every game they play. I don’t really care where a 10-3 Oregon plays in a bowl game.

Utes 69
            Participant

Not sure if this is correct but I thought Utes 69 was responding to Perceptionate’s post

My response…i was replying to Utefantic   I want Utes to beat Oregon everytime

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.