ESPN

Utah vs byu-p

Beat Arizona Forums They So Poo Poo Utah vs byu-p

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      6 4
      ALUF
      Participant

I know some of you would hate this but..just imagine unbeaten byu-p coming to an unbeaten Utah on week 11. Idk what the other games are that day but it would probably be college gameday, big noon, Josh pate etc etc. and lol, a preview of round 2 in Dallas.

I personally think it would be awesome and I’m way more excited about this than any other matchup on our schedule. Oklahoma state yesterday was very fun though imo.

chinngiskhaan
      Participant

That won’t happen. TSPP is going to drop a couple on the road. LES is a tough place to win, but last night’s game was not indicative of TSPP talent. It was a fluke game. They have a good defense. That’s it.

3 1
        cj13
        Participant

I’m not sure. They play OK State at home which is a night game. Probably lose to UCF on the road. I expect them to only have 1 loss and will still be ranked imo. They shouldn’t lose to Baylor on the road and would probably beat Arizona at home

6 3
      AlohaUte
      Participant

Their defense is legit and that travels. I doubt they are undefeated on November 9th, but it would be awesome if both teams were.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

I agree, give them their credit. They’ve beaten two 3-1 teams and Jay Hill has that D humming.

If you believe that there’s a chance of Utah getting a 2nd Big-12 CFP bid while not winning the CCG, you want them to beat ranked teams along the way. There’s no guarantee K-State makes the CCG so it’s better for the teams on Utah’s schedule to beat the teams that aren’t.

The last thing you want is the parochial school to enter RES with a ton of confidence but from a national perspective the game will have more cache the better their record is. Iowa State and UCF are also teams that I’m very quietly rooting that they keep winning until they play Utah to raise the profiles of those games.

Puff
      Participant

delete – I replied to wrong thread, apologies

Uteanooga
      Participant

It is in our best interest for the B12 to have some dominant teams who can get into the postseason and get some wins. P12’s parity (along with 9 conference games) caused problems.

It seems odd that one of the dominant teams could be BYU but ultimately if Utah and the Zoobs could become the dominant teams it would be good for us- though painful.

PNW Ute
      Participant

I don’t think BYU will be undefeated at that point, but it’s possible. They have a big home field advantage (like Utah), and their D absolutely respectable under Hill. I think it’s likely a boneheaded decision or two by Sitake will cost them game, and they definitely have some loseable games on the way. But so far it feels like the top teams in the conference have not been as good as advertised, and BYU has progressed faster than expected. Maybe, they ain’t quite so poo poo after all?

(I’m not sure the Utes will be undefeated at that point either. We should be favored in every game until then, but we always lose a game somewhere that should have been a win. But I obviously like our chances of being undefeated at that point better than BYU’s.)

The Miami Ute
      Participant

If both teams are undefeated going into that game, you can count on numerous Utah “fans” to sell their season tickets and make a killing. It’s the same thing that happened during the MBB game last year. I was surrounded by strange BYU fans during that game but it sure felt good when we won.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.