Utah vs BYU Predictions

Viewing 13 reply threads

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

First Quarter: I think BYU comes out the first possession and turns the ball over on the third play and Utah scores quickly on their first possession. Then BYU will go 3-and-out the next possession and Utah will then quickly move the ball down the field again and go up 14-0.

Second Quarter: The teams will go back and forth for a while until Utah scores again to go up 21-0. BYU will then score a FG with 2:38 left in the second quarter to make it 21-3. Then Utah will make a last second field goal to go ahead 24-3 at halftime.

Third Quarter: BYU finally forces a turnover but only gets a field goal out of it to make it 24-6. Midway through the 3rd, BYU scores their first touchdown to go up 24-13 and BYU thinks they have some life.

Fourth Quarter: BYU gets the ball with 9 minutes to go and they need to score to keep the game in reach. They will drive the ball down the field and get into the red zone before throwing a dagger 79-yard Pick Six to go behind 31-13. Then BYU will stall the rest of the game offensively and Utah will just run out the clock.

I’d be curious to hear any realistic predictions from you guys. The state of the byu football program is so bad right now that I just don’t think the game is gonna be that close.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

These games are often close games, which would not fit your prediction (which is approved).

Ted Lasso
        Ute Fan
        @tedlasso

Yeah I tried to incorporate a close game into my prediction. BYU would have been 21 yards away from a one score game late in the 4th. My experience from the last 15 years of the rivalry has been: BYU screws around the first quarter and gives up a big early lead. They then attempt a comeback and it’s usually too little too late.

And I’m not even trying to kiss y’all’s asses since I’m on an Utah site. This is more of a reflection on how bad I think the byu football team is gonna be this year. I’m at the point where I want them to be bad so they can finally fire Kalani

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

How about it be a reflection on how good we’ll be & not how bad you believe the zoobs will be?

I believe we win that game, as opposed to the zoobs losing it.

Ted Lasso
            Ute Fan
            @tedlasso

You’re absolutely right. I just don’t watch enough Utah football to have an opinion, so I try to stick with what I’ve seen before. Experts certainly think Utah will be good this year, so I’m sure you’re right on.

HATUman
            Ute Fan
            @hatuman

Well the only way BYU loses is if they beat themselves.

2 1

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Here’s my prediction you won’t post this on Clownboard, where most of your posts that mention Utah are just more of the same herd speak garbage.

Ted Lasso
        Ute Fan
        @tedlasso

I’ve mentioned this before on this site, but I’m not the same Ted lasso as the one on CB. I don’t have an account on CB and don’t go over there very often.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It’s a rivalry game, and BYU will feel like they have something to prove. BYU will come out motivated and give everything they can. I expect a close game in the first half, and Utah will eventually wear them down.

Since I have not seen either team play, it is impossible for me to make any kind of realistic score prediction. I would like Utah to win by 30, but I would not be surprised with a win of 10 or less points. This game has been very close over the last 30 years, outside a few exceptions.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

BYU comes out fired up and takes an early 7-0 lead. But Utah leads 13-10 at the half.

Then Utah makes a few adjustments and pulls away to win 33-13.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Whittingham won’t run up the score on Sitake. Plus, historically, once he has a comfortable 4th-Qtr lead, he stops playing the game, and starts playing the clock. He’d rather have time consuming 1st-Downs than TDs.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Seems hilariously premature to predict this at all.
      Sitake has to win to keep his job. Utah could certainly play to not lose as they have done many many many times for the past 24ish years.

ukiyoronin
      Ute Fan
      @ukiyoronin

Whatever happens, RES is going to be wild. Still can’t believe BYU has never played against Cam. It’ll be a great game.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

I think Utah will destroy BYU, even if Whitt doesn’t try to run up the score. Utah takes a 28-7 halftime lead and then finishes it out 42-14, maybe 42-21 if they score a garbage time TD.

UteFan Vineyard
      Ute Fan
      @99ute

TDS games always scare me. It’s BYU’s Super Bowl every year and they usually manage to keep the games closer than they should be. I’ll be happy with a W, even if it’s close. Though definitely hoping for a blowout!

Ute in Chatt
        Ute Fan
        @phinney23

As much as I have enjoyed the thrilling rivalry games between Utah and TDS, I want this year to just be a reminder to TDS fans to remember how much their team is a dumpster fire. I hope it is a 41-13 win for Utah. I have heard too much over the last two years how much they owned us and that they were the champs of the Pac 12 that one year they beat 5 Pac 12 teams.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Whit has this one circled on the calendar. He’s gonna remind byu and Sitake just where they sit in the pecking order.

He’s had to listen to byu talk about winning in Provo and ending the streak for three years.

He puts the hammer down from the opening kick and doesn’t let off until the final gun. Starters play deep into the forth qtr.

55-13
      BYU doesn’t have the horses on either side of the ball to hang with Utah.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

That’s a fair assessment but since I’m used to byu getting close, I’d predict they get within one score somewhere in the 4th quarter. We win, but not by enough to shut coogs up, and we have to continue to listen to them spin reality about how close our two programs are and how there really isn’t even a gap between us at all. Insufferable.

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

Nope. Utah out classes byu at every position on the field.

Whit will have no mercy for sitaki as blowout points are needed to look good for playoff committee and he wants payback.

This game won’t be close

Utah by 40

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

Since this game is later in the season, and not at the start, I think the main determining factor is going to be who is handling the game of attrition better. At this point that is going to go heavily in the Utes favor (unless Rising gets injured somewhere along the way). Utah currently has superior depth, and it will probably take BYU several more years to get up to the level they need to be for late season game performance.

UteNamedOg
      Ute Fan
      @utenamedog

I’d go somewhere in the range of 2 to 3 score advantage. Think anywhere from 28-17 to 31-10. BYU seems to come into these games going absolutely ballistic after any tackle or gain in the first quarter, but momentum usually swings back into Utahs favor when mistakes are made. Whitt seems to have a very nonchalant “get in, win, and leave” attitude with respect to the TDS

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah vs BYU Predictions