Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Utah’s Answer to Callin’ Baton Rouge

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah’s Answer to Callin’ Baton Rouge

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kazute
      Participant

I have long loved the Callin’ Baton Rouge tradition at LSU. A few years ago my wife and I went to experience in person. It was magical. Not the time I went, but a sample:

I have wondered why Utah does not have its own celebrity song about Utah that we could sing as a tradition. Well, I didn’t know this existed until recently:

Yes. It’s terrible and this is a joke.

SOWhat
      Participant

What about “Utah Man”.

Uteanooga
      Participant

No way we can sing Utah man any more. No way. just way too controversial.

It is Utah fan now.

Charlie
        Participant

It depends, half say either in the stadium. I was on the Fan Committee, I think the first year. At one point some students came in to argue the point for changing the fight song. One of the students was, may I say not sized well, groomed well, and otherwise had an appearance that would not be considered attractive (trying hard to find political correctness which is hard for someone that lived in a different culture). She was very clear that things like the wording in the fight song have created an atmosphere at the U that has prevented her from having a single date while at school for several years. Several in the room were stunned that she was so passionate about the connection between the two. As the change was made for whatever reason, I always wondered if it made a difference for her. For many women the old fight song was just fine.

HATUman
        Participant

Well… I don’t know about you, but I AM a UTAH MAN!

NarfUte
      Participant

Idk, those taiko drums could have been real special

/s

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.