Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Ute Hub Fundraiser Coming Soon – Opinions Please

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Ute Hub Site Ute Hub Fundraiser Coming Soon – Opinions Please

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Soon I’ll be starting up the annual Ute Hub fundraiser to help cover costs of operating the site. For the past couple of years I’ve been doing two options: 1 GoFundMe and 2 Venmo.

I’m wondering if anyone has any preferences or better ideas? Venmo is cool but GoFundMe takes a percentage of each transaction, which sucks. Paypal is also another option.

Let me know your thoughts.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Whatever gets you the most money, Tony. I personally would support a method that allows me to pay via credit card, since that’s how I track all of my expenses.

thewiz
      Participant

I prefer Venmo or Zelle rather than Go Fund Me.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

I’ll check out Zelle. Never heard of it.

thewiz
          Participant

A lot of national bank chains like Chase and USAA have Zelle included on account holder’s activity home page which makes the use of Zelle so quick and easy if your bank app has Zelle already in it.

Venmo just takes me an extra minute or two to open the app, so it’s easy, too.

Ute-yankee
      Participant

Tony, I am new to the site after giving up a pay site I was on for 13 years. You have created a great space to talk about Utah Sports! I love it here.

Personally Venmo is easier for me. But I’d drive to your house and hand you cash if it meant keeping UteHub a great spot for Ute fans like me.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Welcome! Glad you are here and many thanks for the comment!

TheNuschler
      Participant

I like Venmo, I can see the wider aspects of “go-fund” me cause I do see a lot of sharing of the page/link too. Either.

TheNuschler
      Participant

I haven’t donated before but plan to when you have it set up. Your site is great and would love to fund you so you can keep up the good work.

SteelUte
      Participant

Tony, thanks for this great site- I’d personally like to hand you mine on Collin’s lift on a deep powder day. If not Venmo works too. Cheers!

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

You have a deal there. See you on the High T!

prestitute
      Participant

Thanks for all the work you do on this site, Tony! I think Venmo makes it pretty easy. Maybe both a gofundme (for those who don’t already have Venmo set up) and have a Venmo option and just let people know which one you prefer.

utepilot
      Participant

Venmo.

HeyyyUguyyys
      Participant

Venmo or Zelle

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Venmo is the most popular response so far. There’s not a “goal” or amount left to reach goal that I’m aware of so if we just do venmo I’ll have to do some updates. Appreciate the comments. Keep ’em coming.

PlainsUte
      Participant

Not a fan of GoFundMe, so venmo. I run a group (not sports related) on a system called “groups.io”, they are able to set up fundraisers using Stripe as the payment processor (any Visa or Mastercard). There is a small processing fee on the order of 2-3%. Paypal can probably do the same for you.

2 2
      Caliman
      Participant

crypto donations bro. BTC,ETH, OR DOGE
      SUPER EASY TO CREATE A WALLET ADDRESS FOR THESE, AND IT ALSO OPENS UP THE POSSIBILITY FOR INTERNATIONAL DONATIONS.
      CRYPTO IS KING.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Definitely Venmo. I hate Gofundme

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.