Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Utes ranked 13th in first coaches poll

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes ranked 13th in first coaches poll

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

1st poll

I think 13th is fair for where I believe we are at. We are just ahead of Clemson, Tennessee, and Oklahoma. We are just behind Fl State, Missouri, and LSU. That’s pretty good company.

Considering how we ended last season, I am a bit surprised the coaches had us so high. I doubt most of them understand the level of injuries we had last season.

By the way, there are 5 Big12 teams in the top 25 and we are ranked the highest of the 5.

Go Utes!!!

MDUte
      Participant

Anywhere inside the Top 15 is great IMO! Klatt has us at #9 in his preseason Top 20. Lots of respect out there for Utah!

Caliman
      Participant

13th. is fair; but I think they deserved to be 9-11th. I’m just glad Bring Your Uncle (BYU)is out of the top 40.

ProudUte
        Participant

Honestly, why should we care about BYU. I just want Utah to win.

Go Utes!!!

tarheelute
      Participant

Massey Ratings has Utah at 18, with Kansas State at 15.

Link

Caliman
        Participant

MASSEY IS AN IDIOT.

ProudUte
          Participant

I don’t know Massey from Adam. He may be an idiot, but he is not an idiot because he ranked Utah lower that we think they should be.

The CB started calling anyone idiots who trashed Zach Wilson last season. They went as far as saying that Joe Namath was a terrible NFL QB just because he said Wilson was playing badly and should be benched.

I don’t want to discredit anyone just because of what they say or feel about Utah. Again, Massey may be an idiot. I just don’t know him well enough…

tarheelute
          Participant

Massey, a composite, has compiled 13 other polls, but will add and average other polls into its composite. Massey and Dokter Entropy have Utah at 15, Daniel Curry Index has Utah at 43, the other 10 or so spread out between.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

I hate seeing a top 10 that has 9 conference teams that aren’t ours.

ProudUte
        Participant

The Big 12, including the Utes, have to prove themselves. In a perfect world – an undefeated Utah team will play and undefeated KState team for the conference championship. If that ends up being true (not likely) – The Big 12 will have two teams in the top five.

Uteanooga
      Participant

It is a nice starting spot for us. Win and stay healthy = the formula for being ready to make a run in the playoffs. This could be Utah’s year and the coaches poll position will not hold Utah back.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.