Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Vaki on offense

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Vaki on offense

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

USC will spread the field. Bishop and Vaki are key on defense. Much more than against Cal. Bishop is out the first half. That puts more pressure on Vaki.

He was great on offense and was the difference in the run game. Running backs take a beating. Can we afford to have him less than 100% on defense? I’m torn between making offense better or wearing him out for defense.

You can argue both ways. Cal was caught completely off guard. USC will plan for him. My thoughts are use him more as a decoy to set up play action and don’t wear him out!! Any thoughts?

bopahull
      Participant

I think Ritchie will have an opportunity to shine, he looked good after Bishop was thrown out Saturday.
      As for Vaki, I don’t know how we can’t try and use him in a similar way we did Saturday if we want to win. The main problem with using him in the wildcat is the defense knows he is going to run. I don’t know how capable he is as a passer but he seems to do everything else well so why not try it just to slow down the defense a bit?

2008 National Champ
        Participant

Ludwig will have a wrinkle off the wildcat for this week’s game. Maybe speed option, maybe a rollout, maybe a throwback like he did with Johnson last year.

bopahull
          Participant

Yeah, maybe even a double reverse.

Rick
        Participant

I feel really good with Nate Ritchie in at safety if Bishop can’t play in the first half Saturday. I thought we didn’t miss a beat when Bishop went out. Ritchie is a baller! I don’t hold much hope on our appeal with Bishop but our depth at safety is solid, especially considering Tao can play safety if needed as well.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

Tao will be needed at nickel. But maybe we finally see Smith Snowden this week

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.