Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Vele talked about the QB situation on Talking Utes

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Vele talked about the QB situation on Talking Utes

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I recorded it Sunday night and watched it last night. He was asked about the QB situation. He pointed out how difficult it was on the offense to not know who was going to play QB. He admitted that it hurt continuity and timing. He pointed out that it makes a big difference to know who is playing, and getting the reps with the guy who will be playing on Saturday.

Barnes is no Rising, but I suspect he will only get better with the reps and experience he is now getting.

3 2
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

I can’t believe he was questioning the decisions made by Whitt. (TIC)

I hate two QB systems. Three QB systems are even worst.

3 1
        ProudUte
        Participant

He didn’t question the coaches. He said it was what it was. The team just didn’t know who would start.

Who is to blame for all of this? You could name a lot of people. Whitt admitted yesterday that he would have done things differently had he known what he now knows. So, how close was Cam to being ready to play? Obviously, Whitt and Ludwig thought he was very close so they took the risk and gave him first-team reps. Well, that didn’t prove to be true. So …

1 2
          EagleMountainUte
          Participant

TIC means I was being sarcastic.

Yeah he said hindsight being what it is. You just don’t do it though. That is the point. I hate that type of system and Vele’s comments are obvious because I said them week 1. You don’t need hindsight when you have seen others fail miserably.

3 1
            pedro
            Participant

Two things, I don’t think you know what the def of sarcasm is. 2, if the events unfolded differently… Cam doesn’t get the reps, but then reports for duty against OSu and plays like shi#, you would be on here bitching about how Whit screwed up and should have given Cam the reps and not the lowly 3rd stringer.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.