Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Want to test out the new category filter website feature?

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Ute Hub Site Want to test out the new category filter website feature?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

As some may recall the “old” home page of the website had tons of bells and whistles. So many in fact, that it had to be retired because it was killing the site performance. So back then I switched to the “default” recent-topics list, which is the current home page. I loved many of the features the old home page had, and I’ve been working on many experiments to try and restore some of the good parts of it. Perhaps the most used and requested feature was a category filter. “Uncheck the politics category!” Well, I’ve written up some code to do that very thing, but for the more performant default latest-topics page! Want to test it out? Head to this URL: https://www.utehub.com/category-filter/ and check all the categories you want to see and then hit save. Return to the home page and see what happens. But, keep in mind “sticky” topics that are highlighted at the top remain there, regardless of category.

Let me know if it works for you. I hope it does and I hope it improves your enjoyment and user experience here.

Oh, did I mention that this feature is only for the website? If you’re on the mobile app, you already have a category filter. 🙂 Just tap the Settings icon from the home screen to get there.

GO UTES!

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Looks good on my end.

UteBacker

Perfect!

Eggers
      Participant

Just gave the new category filter a shot, and it’s fantastic! I love how I can finally hide categories I’m not interested in without all the old performance issues. It’s like having the best of the old homepage without the lag.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Super. Glad to hear it. I’ve been putting in a LOT of hours updating the website the last couple of months.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.