Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      2 4
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

🙁

Larry B
      Participant

Hopefully just first game jitters. If that’s what we’re gonna get from our QB2, I don’t want to see Rising even attempt another run for the rest of the season.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Uh, oopsies.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

To be clear, I’m not dogging Wilson. He was obviously amped up and Fano with his 2nd (3rd?) ole block of the half didn’t help on his first play. He’s had the half to settle down so we’ll see if he comes out more under control.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Back shoulder toss looked good. That end of half was a total test by Whitt to see if Wilson prepared himself properly. Little ice in your shirt moment.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

The back shoulder TD was well thrown but he passed up the wide open seam route to make that throw. Both picks were nowhere near the receiver and into triple coverage. Definitely some opportunities to clean up the decision making.

ProudUte
      Participant

I remember Alex Smith’s first series in college. He threw a pick-6. Look how things turned out.

5 1
        EagleMountainUte
        Participant

Second pick was honestly the dumbest thing on the night. Wilson went for the touchdown with like four defenders when he had an underneath route.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

They’ll highlight that in film study, guaranteed.

Utah
          Participant

Was it a dumb throw? Absolutely. If he had thrown it to the back corner instead of short, it was a TD. So, while not the smartest throw, he wasn’t throwing it into a quadruple covered receiver. The guy was open. It was a hard throw. He tried it and failed.

This is why you play super talented guys vs a school like SUU. So they can learn that this isn’t high school, you can’t get away with passes like that against s**tty teams, so don’t do them anymore.

But if you are the coaches, in a lot of ways it was a great throw. He saw the field correctly, he saw an open receiver and tried to make a play. All those things are good things. NOW, he chose to throw to the open guy that required the most difficult play when a much easier one was open. That is great as well. There is so much to teach there. The talent is there. He sees the field. He is processing things. He just needs to learn that football is hard and taking the easy plays is usually better.

I was ecstatic with watching Wilson. He was fantastic last night.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.