Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Well Now, Someone Outside Utah is Starting to Ask Questions…

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Well Now, Someone Outside Utah is Starting to Ask Questions…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      3 4
      The Miami Ute
      Participant
      Yergensen
      Participant

Drake Troll is a hack and Utah hater.

Even if there’s a shred of truth to anything he says about us, he has no credibility.

I don’t click, I don’t listen.

4 1
        The Miami Ute
        Participant

Yet funnily enough, he’s only verbalizing what a lot of people have posted on this site. Yeah, I don’t like him either but even a broken clock is right twice a day…

89ute
      Participant

I agree with everything he said BUT – Arizona is not a Big 12 team. Until we get bent over by a Big 12 team, the arrogance remains.

Kellso
      Participant

Don’t blame Cam. But you can blame the AD and coach. We are all sick of it. If Cam was able to go, he would. It’s now getting out to everyone what we deal with every week for two years.

AZUTE
      Participant

That guy is a huge Y fan. Take nothing he says seriously zero credibility

2 1
        The Miami Ute
        Participant

He’s nothing of the sort. He worships at the altar of Baylor.

admiralute
      Participant

Sorry – I agree with him in terms of asking what is going on with strength & conditioning. I was asking after game 1 with the injuries, and then in subsequent games. The healthiest team at the end of the year wins, and we are not looking healthy right now. I understand freak injuries, but why doesn’t it seem like those injuries occur with other teams at the same rate? If Utah doesn’t get healthy soon, it’s going to be a long season.

2 3
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

All I can say is this, I can’t think of any legitimate program in the nation that would be almost two years (and running) in a situation like what Utah has had with Rising. It’s already gone beyond meme status and closing quickly on farcical territory. I mean, and I say this jokingly, does Cam have some mighty incriminating stuff on Whitt? I said this before, and I’ll say it again, in HINDSIGHT Utah would have been best served by cutting ties with Cam after the 2023 Rose Bowl. They wouldn’t be the first school, nor the last, to part company with a good player for the welfare of the program. I mean, and this is no joke, having Cam stay a full two years beyond his expiration date has really f**ked up the dynamic of the QB room.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

I respectfully disagree Miami. Rising when healthy is a championship QB. He proved it twice. Last year was a joke and should never have happened. This year is different. The finger injury was a freak accident. Cam won’t put the team in jeopardy if he can’t throw the ball better than Wilson. I think all the negative talk is going to get him and the team a little riled up hopefully. He came back to get himself and Whitt to the playoffs. He can still achieve his goal.

2 1
          The Miami Ute
          Participant

Jim, I respect your opinion but I deal in facts and results and not in shouldas/couldas…yes, Cam has proven to be a Conference winning QB. However, if memory serves me correctly, the last time he played a full game was almost two years ago. If you’re of the idea that because he was great in the past, he’ll be great in the present and future, that’s fine and I hope that’s what occurs. However, when I look at this situation, I have to focus on the opportunity costs that Utah has incurred by keeping him around. You just have to think that, given the amount of money that Cam is making via NIL, Utah could have induced a healthy and competent transfer to commit to the program. But that’s by the way since we’ll never really know…

Jim Vanderhoof
            Participant

Miami Whitt tried the portal with Brewer who was great at Baylor and Bentley from South Carolina. Neither worked and the big money QBs were getting more than Cam and wouldn’t give Utah a thought with our conservative offense. I think you’ll be surprised at Cams abilities. I know he has been out but he went through spring and fall and looked good to me with what few series he had.

RoboUte
              Participant

Cam’s abilities don’t matter when he doesn’t play. Which is apparently always. I’d rather field an average quarterback and attract talent in other places than have our NIL efforts dumped into a bottomless pit. How do you think it makes the rest of our team feel when the dude that’s making as much as the rest of them combined doesn’t even play?

You could tell it was already p**sing them off last year and people called me silly for thinking so until Jaquinden left for that very reason. But now our fan base is reaching the exact same conclusions about this entire situation that got me mass down voted this time last year.

Anfernee
      Participant

JFC is this where we are at now? Citing Drake Toll? Gonna be a long bye week.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Actually, it looks more like Toll citing certain elements of the Utah fanbase.

RoboUte
      Participant

Everyone’s noticed. It’s only certain fans of ours with their heads still in the sand. Everyone’s calling him Scam Rising which I find absolutely hilarious even though I’m pretty sure all this bulls**t is Whitt’s doing.

Trailgoat
      Participant

Good points. Crazy to think Isaac Wilson is 7 years younger than CR. Wilson has a bright future ahead of him. Interested to see how the season plays out IF Rising comes back for the ASU game. Anything short of a CFP is not going to sit well with Utah fans and boosters who have very high expectations for CRs performance when he returns. CR looked very rusty his last 15 minutes of the Baylor game after BU made some adjustments before the Gatorade cart injury.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Yeah, I was talking to another fan at the game on Saturday and we were laughing about the fact that when Cam started his college career, Isaac was in 6th Grade.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.