Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

What do you want to see in the SUU game?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What do you want to see in the SUU game?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

For me:

– A solid victory

– Cam Rising and Kuithe looking like they did a couple of years ago.

– An innovative passing attack.

– A solid defense that gives up very little.

– A pick-6, so we can get that out of the way. 🙂

– A chance to see some backups, especially at QB and LB.

– NO SERIOUS INJURIES!!!

GameForAnyFuss
      Participant

My family and friends.

MineralUte
      Participant

A basic, very generic offense with only a few different sets. Same with defense – base without putting our wrinkles on film. Would love to keep the playbook small for the SUU, Baylor and Utah State game so OSU doesn’t have a lot of film to work with.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Not sure you’re going to see a lot of “innovation” in this game. It will probably only be very basic plays as to not give future defenses much to scout. However I do hope for crisp offense. Accurate passing. Getting all TE’s and receivers some touches, and hammering out the RB situation. I’m not worried much about the defense.

Utah
        Participant

I think the whole “don’t show anything” is a bad strategy. I think it’s dumb that the first time we do our “strategy” is vs OSU or Arizona. I’d rather practice what we want to do vs SUU, be great at it AND make OSU and Arizona have to worry about 15 things than the alternative:

Only run 5 things vs SUU, make that game closer than it should, leave the starters in line than we should, not be good at the other 10 things we want to do, busy those out vs OSU, struggle with them and not beat them as soundly as we should.

We are talented enough to impose our will on just about anyone and definitely everyone in the Big 12.

We don’t need to hold anything back. Let’s perfect what we do and dare anyone to try to stop us.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

You introduce new wrinkles every week but when you are facing a team that you should be able to beat handily running no more than your base offense, why show more than you have to?

Ludwig will have a couple of things that he wants to work on for Baylor, then a couple of things for Utah State, and so on. Fall camp only provides enough time to get your base concepts down and figure out what you think are your best personnel packages. Then you add in a little more each week as you figure out what really works.

Other than the long pass to Parks last year, Utah didn’t show anything new in either of the Florida games.

ArcheryUte
      Participant

Above 70 points.

ArcheryUte
      Participant

Most importantly – what do I want to hear vs SUU?

Bad Moon Rising by CCR coming out of the speakers as the offense takes the field for the first time. Tears will fill the state of Utah – so many tears the word” drought” is never mentioned again in relation to our great state.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Close look at the RBs. Let Cam throw downfield to show future opponents they need to defend the whole field.

utefansince79
      Participant

No injuries, nice late summer evening weather.

chinngiskhaan
      Participant

I would love to see Glover running up the gut, breaking tackles and carrying guys on his back for extra yards… I know, I know. A man can dream.

22Ute22
      Participant

I want to see Cam, Kuithe, Barton, and Fano look back to their pre injury selves. I want to see QB2 (Isaac Wilson) get meaningful reps to build experience. At the end of the day, Cam might get miss some time, and we need to be prepared for that. I don’t wanna see a bunch of runs to close out a game. Let IW build chemistry with the WR’s against SUU

Yergensen
      Participant

Isaac Wilson by the 4th quarter. Cam has a year of rust to work off, but let’s not take any unnecessary risk at the same time.

I’d also like to see Caleb Lohner and Hunter Andrews play.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Based on recent news, Isaac Wilson 1/2 way through the 3rd to the end of the game, provided that Cam has had enough reps.

ProudUte
        Participant

Yeah, I want Cam to get enough reps that he feels comfortable because the next week will be a tougher game. But, I would like to see Isaac get some PT.

ORute
      Participant

I want to see the first play from scrimmage. After last year, are we going to try another home run or play safe? my guess; cam to kuithe in the flat, kinda a welcome back…

Luke R
      Participant

1. See the 1’s dominate and not need to play more than one possession in the 3rd qtr.
      2. Cam move easy and throw accurate.
      3. 10+ recievers/TEs catch a pass
      4. Someone look exciting out of the backfield (I know that isn’t quantitative but we all know it when we see it)
      5. Defensive Dominance (0 score and only a few 1st downs until a possible garbage time score by SUU)

PhiladelphiaUte
      Participant

QB2, QB3, and QB4 all get into the game.

Uteusmc
      Participant

A win!

dwainegf
      Participant

Smooth offense
      Tough defense
      No turn overs
      All the rust knocked off the players who missed time last year.
      A RB that takes the RB1 slot to remove future speculation.
      No injuries.
      Ample playing time for subs.

And obviously, a win.

Go Utes!!!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.