Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

What does your ideal tailgating look like?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What does your ideal tailgating look like?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ted Lasso
      Participant

Some day I’d like to get into tailgating. But I’m curious what you guys do when you tailgate. What food do you cook? Do you play cornhole? How early before the game do you start? I want to know what you guys do.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I have a regular tailgate spot, which is equal to two parking spaces. I have a Utah canopy, some Utah camping chairs, a Utah table, cornhole. I bring my propane stove to cook stuff but we don’t go super elaborate on the food. Fajitas, dogs, sandwiches, snacks. I have a bluetooth speaker cooler we play tunes in. Love to just toss a football around at the tailgate. Also have a propane fire and wood fire place for when it gets cold.

We used to rotate food assignments, but some of our tailgaters ended up in the Ken Garf Red Zone so they don’t eat with us anymore. 🙁

ladyinred
      Participant

Tailgating is the best part of football season imo. No matter how the actual game goes, it makes the weekend so fun to hang out with friends and family. We have a group of about 6 couples which is great to rotate set up and meal responsibilities. For food, depending on weather and day, we’ll do anything from brats to soups, or even just pick up jimmy johns or something similar especially if it’s a Thu/Fri game. Then everyone brings a side and drinks. We do have cornhole set up, but my favorite thing is just to watch the kids throw footballs and play on the grass. Some in our group will usually arrive 4-ish hours in advance depending on game time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.