Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

What Gives with KSU?

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What Gives with KSU?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

Supposedly the class of the conference, along with Utah, and down 20-10 at Tulane going into halftime.

SalUteopia
      Participant

KSU, OSU, KU, UA need to keep winning if we want to have a margin of error.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Personally, I have a real hard time rooting for the competition.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

I’m not sure there’s any margin for error this year. The narrative is already out there that the B1G, SEC and Notre Dame will get 9 of the 12 spots. It’s just going to be confirmation bias the rest of the way.

Utah needs to win the conference championship game to get in. Anything other than that puts it in the committee’s hands and they’ve proven over the last decade that they will do whatever is in the best interest of the unpronounceable 4 letter network. That won’t be Utah unless they can replicate TCU in 2022

The Miami Ute
          Participant

TCU lost the conference championship to KSU in 2022. Did you forget? This is the same committee that left an undefeated, untied, conference winning FSU team out of the CFP. Hard to see how Utah gets in unless they win the Big XII championship.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

I’m not forgetting. Because they were undefeated going into the CCG, the committee had already decided that they would get one of the 4 spots. Things still had to break right but they got it. Had Utah not trucked SC in the CCG, SC would have been in over TCU.

Then you look at 2023 and there were indications that the committee was just looking for an excuse to leave FSU out. And they got it.

I don’t see a two-loss Utah getting in unless they win the Conference. An undefeated regular season Utah that loses in the CCG “should” make the playoff but I’m skeptical. With so many teams in the B1G and SEC, it’s pretty easy to see a 3 loss team from one of those conferences getting in over Utah in that scenario which is why I don’t think there’s any margin.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.