Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

What to expect on defense

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What to expect on defense

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

I have seen little or no blitzing the first three games. Our defense has been pretty vanilla so far. I expect to see Barton and possibly some CB or safety blitzes. Barton is like another D end size wise and can get through a RB block.

We need to get our linebackers more involved in the game plan. Barton has not stepped up his game yet. Front seven is our strength and they need to shut down Gordon and pressure their QB.

Ok state has some talented receivers and they will get open if given enough time. Their QB is not a great passer but if given time can make the throws. They have an experienced O line. Our defense can set the tone for rest of the year.
      Go Utes!

Uteanooga
      Participant

Their receivers looked really good to me. Big, fast, strong.

We know their RB can be fantastic. Gundy said in his presser that they didn’t try to run through the stacked box and took what the D gave them. He also said he knows Utah will stack the box as well so we should expect a lot of passing attack.

I am hoping to see our D pressure the QB and contain the run. We will have a good chance of winning if they can accomplish this. The secondary needs to limit the passing game well enough to keep the score down. I am excited to watch it unfold.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

I think they are going to be down two starters on the O line. Hopefully we can get lots and lots of pressure.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Down two starters is a big deal. It takes time for an o line to gel. Take advantage and pressure them early to make mistakes.

Dallas
        Participant

Is their starting line really hurt?? I haven’t heard this mentioned by anyone.

GratefulPoke
      Participant

We are potentially down one starter on the O line. Its our RT,Jake Springfield and he is questionable. One of our LT’s are sliding over, but he is better as a LT than a RT. His name is Isaia Glass and was with ASU before this season.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Thanks for the info GratefulPoke. It would be nice to see both teams at full strength.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.