Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

What’s crazy is that (I think) Cam could play 2 more years

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s crazy is that (I think) Cam could play 2 more years

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ted Lasso
      Participant

If I’m not mistaken, he already had one more year left of eligibility before the year began. And then he could possibly apply for another medical redshirt for this year. And if I were in Cam’s shoes, I would take full advantage of those 2 years. I don’t really see him making a lot of money playing professional football, so I personally think he should take advantage of 2 more years of NIL money before he steps into the real world. If he did come back, I think he would transfer though. I’m getting the vibes that both sides would probably like a fresh start, but maybe I’m wrong.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

If he wants to go elsewhere and continue his career I fully support it. But he can’t hold the Utah program hostage anymore, even if he is the best option when he’s at the top of his game because there is no guarantee that he can reach that level again.

It is in everyone’s best interest that he get healthy and moves on with his life however he chooses. The roars for him will be incredible in 2031 when the team celebrates the 2021 Rose Bowl squad.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

There are a lot of deep pocketed outfits that will need a new QB come 2025. If Cam demonstrates himself to be fully healthy by say Jan/Feb 2025, I believe he could start a bidding war if he was amenable to that. I would think that a healthy Cam Rising would be the most coveted QB in the entire portal.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.